Custom Map #7612: InkCSM-5. By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, July 27, 2019, 12:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #7612: InkCSM-5

Author: yum234
Size: 144x144

Desc:
Non-traditional CSM (easy with many variants of gameplay). Many MT (Movable Towers). And created by Regallion new micro-chips for Towers and MT. ACfier - produce anticreeper for Sprayer and AC-Guppy. Variator - change within it range power of creeper emitters in 1 min from 15% to 130% and then back. Terp on PZ, Relay on PZ and Mortar on PZ - 3 new types of micro-chips (destroying if Tower on creeper). Wish to you enjoyable playing and Good lu! :) #BravoRegallion #BravoKajacx #BravoCornucanis #CreateDr

yum-forum

My bad. Mistake in setting of Variator chip/unit. :-[

I set period  of variation of power of creeper emitters =60. But this is not seconds as I thought but frames. Too fast! Sorry, please.

So many units and so many settings... I am not a robot.
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

hbarudi

Good gameplay on this easy CSM map, but why stick to regular map colors instead of using the special map colors especially for level 10 terrain that we can't terp into and that it looks much nicer than this plain default white color.

Riskbreaker

i always have a blast doing these puzzles without using upgrades or weapons, but i feel like this one will not let me haha...

edit. Yeah, its tough to make solid progress...i guess i'm too used to small gates :P

edit2. Fighting my way torwards the 150c emiters, and its a slow advancing battle...things are looking good.

edit3. Things looking less good. Losing hope...hard to maintain lvl5 pressure without losing ground everywhere else

hawgwash

Enjoyable map, but I seem to be missing something on the victory conditions.  Pretty sure I've converted all the emitters because the spore generator has stopped producing spores.  Anyone have any ideas?

Riskbreaker

Quote from: hawgwash on July 28, 2019, 09:26:12 PM
Enjoyable map, but I seem to be missing something on the victory conditions.  Pretty sure I've converted all the emitters because the spore generator has stopped producing spores.  Anyone have any ideas?

Idea #1. Post a screenshot of your game. It will help us understand your situation more clearly.

hawgwash

Quote from: Riskbreaker on July 28, 2019, 10:00:56 PM

Idea #1. Post a screenshot of your game. It will help us understand your situation more clearly.
Good idea.  Not sure if I'm doing this right.  Hopefully I am.

hawgwash

Sorry.  Guess I can't figure out how to post the screenshot.

RrR

When you destroy/convert the last emitter, fireworks go off. This makes it tricky to spot any remaining artefacts that need to picked up.

Regallion

Quote from: RrR on July 29, 2019, 03:09:32 AM

When you destroy/convert the last emitter, fireworks go off. This makes it tricky to spot any remaining artefacts that need to picked up.
Would you mind posting a save with such behavior? It should not be occurring as fireworks shouldn't be firing if there is anything victory-critical remaining.

hawgwash

I finally figured it out.  There was one emitter I overlooked somehow.  Still don't understand why the spore emitter stopped firing spores if there was an emitter still out there.

Regallion

Quote from: hawgwash on July 29, 2019, 07:47:46 AM
I finally figured it out.  There was one emitter I overlooked somehow.  Still don't understand why the spore emitter stopped firing spores if there was an emitter still out there.
Ah, spores ignore non-flippable emitters due to the fact that an untimely detonation of one could ruin your entire day.

RrR

Quote from: Regallion on July 29, 2019, 04:50:44 AM

Would you mind posting a save with such behavior? It should not be occurring as fireworks shouldn't be firing if there is anything victory-critical remaining.

Played it again. Didn't collect anything. More fireworks that 5th November.

Regallion

Quote from: RrR on July 29, 2019, 11:14:20 AM
Quote from: Regallion on July 29, 2019, 04:50:44 AM

Played it again. Didn't collect anything. More fireworks that 5th November.
This will be fixed in the next template. The cause is that the units required for victory (shield keys, tech artifacts, INHIBITORS) DO NOT RETURN THAT THEY ARE REQUIRED FOR VICTORY.That's fantastic.

Builder17

Quote from: Regallion on July 29, 2019, 12:34:35 PM
This will be fixed in the next template. The cause is that the units required for victory (shield keys, tech artifacts, INHIBITORS) DO NOT RETURN THAT THEY ARE REQUIRED FOR VICTORY.That's fantastic.

Would DestroyAllEnemyUnits https://knucklecracker.com/wiki/doku.php?id=crpl:docs:destroyallenemyunits

Work with inhibitors?  I guess other two should return it, yeah.