When the Forge is destroyed and rebuilt, the upgrades should come back

Started by Asbestos, February 21, 2014, 12:39:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asbestos

I built a Forge, maxed my weapon and civilian upgrades, and then mistakenly clicked the Destroy button while reaching for the Orbital tab. When I rebuilt my Forge, I found that all of my upgrades were gone. Please, please make Forge upgrades come back after the Forge is destroyed and rebuilt.

TLMike

I think part of the point of it is that the upgrades don't return. And I'm of the opinion that they shouldn't.

I mean, yeah, this isn't an ideal thing that happened to you. In fact, I'm sure it was mighty annoying for you to have made your way to the forum to make  such a declaration of opinion.

But, if the upgrades were permanent, what would be the point in defending a Forge? What would be the point of limiting them to one per map? What would make the Forge such a priceless unit? Nothing much.

But, let's look at it this way: on those longer maps (and face it, those sloggish maps are the ones you really want the Forge for anyway) the Totems are already producing Aether at an accelerated rate, so recovering your lost upgrades will go much faster than it did initially.