[POSSIBLE SPOILER!!] Do shields block slip emitters?

Started by Ninja, November 07, 2013, 02:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja

I was playing Choix and was crossing to the emitter using a terraformed bridge, and I was just thinking "Hey, maybe I can stop the slip emitters from ruining my bridge with shields if they block them!" Would that work? It seems to have worked so far.

Grauniad

Choix was intended to be beaten with shields as an essential part of the attack force.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Ninja

Grauniad

A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Ninja

Yes. Do shields block them?
Spoiler
I'm thinking yes because you're slightly hinting it but won't tell me outright...
[close]

J

I thought shields could block the bursts of creeper, while multiple shields might remove that 'immunity'. As far as I remember V simply checked if the're nothing that pushes the creeper in a cell before dumping creeper on it.

steelwing

Quote from: Ninjadude501 on November 07, 2013, 02:22:27 PM
Spoiler
I'm thinking yes because you're slightly hinting it but won't tell me outright...
[close]
Spoiler
I think Choix is one of the first worlds to feature slip emitters, and if I'm remembering right, it's the world where you find shields.
[close]

teknotiss

Spoiler
[close]

try it and see!  ::)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Ninja

Quote from: teknotiss on November 07, 2013, 02:42:52 PM
Spoiler
[close]

try it and see!  ::)
I did.
Spoiler
It appears they do block them.
[close]

Clean0nion

Solution based on the CRPL code.
Spoiler
The emitter (TransientSlipEmitter) is designed to put creeper everywhere. It DOES NOT put creeper:
- inside the Ticon base
- inside fields
Shields are a type of field.
[close]

Ninja

Quote from: Clean0nion on November 07, 2013, 03:13:25 PM
Spoiler
The emitter (TransientSlipEmitter) is designed to put creeper everywhere. It DOES NOT put creeper:
- inside the Ticon base
- inside fields
[close]
Okay, thanks!

burguertime

And I believe that it depends on the CRPL code for the slip emitters, shields would / would not block them.
Don't make a slog just because. Be like Master Mapmaker SPIFFEN:
Quote from: themaskedcrusader on October 05, 2010, 05:09:33 PM
(...)Difficulty is subjective. (...)
SPIFFEN chooses to rate each map as trivial because they believe that the difficulty of the map depends on the capability of the player.
BAD RATING: MEASUREMENT OF MAP HARDNESS.
Quote from: DumbCreeperGamer"Ugh, me no finish map, map too hard, ME RATE ONE.
oOga OoGa to you too.

Clean0nion

Quote from: burguertime on November 11, 2013, 03:33:45 PM
And I believe that it depends on the CRPL code for the slip emitters, shields would / would not block them.
Precisely that.

JF-T

on my first go, i too used shields to even expand my base, however shields in my experience only drastically reduce the frequency of slip emitters to either half or almost zero.
In other words they will still happen, it'll just take awhile as i had my base covered with shield cover outside the walls in the starting area, but i would get creeper slipped into my shield's cover somehow.

Really annoying but it does help a bit to combat the slip emitters.
Can't do ANY MapMod stuff due to losing my copy of CW1/2. Also known as Commander-Strife, IIIStrife, and StormyFacade.

CW2 Custom Maps

4xC

Quote from: Clean0nion on November 07, 2013, 03:13:25 PM
Spoiler
- inside the Ticon base
- inside fields
[close]

About what you said
Spoiler
It's funny you should mention that because last time I played Choix (weeks ago btw) I saw patches of creeper inside my shield areas a few times as if it could appear inside them. Was this a bug that has since been updated?
[close]

On another note
Spoiler
The first world with slip emitters was Flick, not Choix.
[close]
C,C,C,C