Custom Map #8285: Synthos. By: Zoura3025

Started by AutoPost, April 06, 2020, 02:49:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #8285: Synthos

Author: Zoura3025
Size: 154x112

Desc:
A simple-ish mission for playing with my new unit: The Synthesizer! Tip: Synthesizers guzzle a lot of power early on (about 4 consumption per Synth), so be careful not to overconnect yourself with them. #Customplayerunit

Helper

Fun map.
I ended up restarting and bypassing the Synthesizers (too much energy draw).
Ran off to the left, up, and across.
Worked OK for me, but the D Man is in a world of his own.
(With respect.)
Thanks,
H

BilboGCL

Yeah - indeed a nice map!
On my first playthrough, I was roughly 15 minutes in before I realized that the broken new weapons would give me a PZ... I probably should read the intro text more. So after 30 something minutes on the 1st run, I used these PZs for power, beam and berthas -> Party time, excellent ;)

Greetings from The Shire!
Hey, come to the dark side Discord, we have cookies!

Johnny Haywire

I think this is a good map, and I like the idea of the Synthesizers... they remind me a bit of Teknotiss' pyramid maps - turning energy into AC is a cool idea!

Along the lines of what Helper mentioned, I'd say that it's not that the Synthesizers draw too much energy, per se, but that the amount of AC they produce isn't significant enough to power them up.

Now, if you could make a unit that would function as an upgrading station for the Synthesizer tech that could be very cool. (You could "pay" for an upgrade with energy or something. Dunno if you can make it subtract a certain amount of aether from the Forge or not, but that'd be cool too). You could modify the rate of fire and amount perhaps. Upgrading is fun.  8)

You could even have the upgrades require more power but produce more AC per energy consumed. And Skars could even get angry in the next map and say something like, "No way I'm hooking up to those things. Last time it drained our power faster than Elin Nordegren drained Tiger Woods' bank account." (Or something like that, w/e) Lia could come in and make some satirical retort and then explain how the Synthesizers can now be upgraded to be extra-useful.

But that kinda modification might be too difficult, I dunno. If it is, no worries - you could just hard-code the Synths to be a little beefier and that'd be a quicker fix, albeit a tad less satisfying.

Thanks for the map and all the work you put into designing these things! Keep it up!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Helper

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on April 13, 2020, 12:36:19 AM
And Skars could even get angry in the next map and say something like, "No way I'm hooking up to those things. Last time it drained our power faster than Elin Nordegren drained Tiger Woods' bank account."

ROTFL!
Good won.