Custom Map #8280: Lmao. By: satan

Started by AutoPost, April 04, 2020, 03:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #8280: Lmao

Author: satan
Size: 128x84

Desc:
imposible map lmao dont ask how i mader it.

Karsten75

A good justification for not allowing everyone access to the map editor.

Johnny Haywire

Due to new information that has recently come to our attention, the content of this post has been modified by the author and his group of trusty advisors, who wish to remain anonymous because of climate change.

I'm still unsure of a couple things though:

1) What is "mader"? Is it murder? And if so, are baby seals involved?
2) Is it really wise to grant "satan" access to the map editor? That sounds like a prelude to the Apocalypse if you ask me.
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Fireswamp

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on April 05, 2020, 12:52:49 AM
I'm highly dubious of the 3-minute scores. I won't ask how the author (satan) managed to mader (?) this map.

Zoom out, there are 5 hidden thors off to the right.

Johnny Haywire

ROFL, wow now THAT'S funny.

I'm generally morally opposed to using Thors. It's like using atomic weapons... I mean yeah you can use them but it's a last resort. It's almost like cheating. Almost  ;)

I should've guessed that this map would be deceitful. Heh heh. Now I have mixed feelings. In some ways I'm glad I beat the map in a head-on smash-mouth contest - old Alabama-Crimson-Tide-style. But now I wish I'd seen that.

Thanks for the lolzers!

marvinitfox

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on April 05, 2020, 11:28:01 PM... I'm glad I beat the map in a head-on smash-mouth contest - old Alabama-Crimson-Tide-style.

I'm not convinced I could do that.
It is easy to *contain* the enemy, even drive it right back to its source.
But without singularity, without anti-creep, getting a neutralizer close enough to kill is a monumental job.

For achieving victory without Thors, I tip my hat to you.
Well i would, if i even owned one. 

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: marvinitfox on April 06, 2020, 02:07:04 AM
Quote from: Johnny Haywire on April 05, 2020, 11:28:01 PM... I'm glad I beat the map in a head-on smash-mouth contest - old Alabama-Crimson-Tide-style.

I'm not convinced I could do that.
It is easy to *contain* the enemy, even drive it right back to its source.
But without singularity, without anti-creep, getting a neutralizer close enough to kill is a monumental job.

For achieving victory without Thors, I tip my hat to you.
Well i would, if i even owned one.

shit - there are Thors on this map? I should have understood it, as the possible amount to build Thors was 0.

Johnny Haywire

"Possible" doesn't mean it's something you'll want to do. I mean, I suppose it *is* possible to cram a penny under your biggest toenail. That doesn't mean you'll want to try it. Doing the map the way I did it is... well, let's just say it might be less painful than that. But no guarantee on that.  :o

In lots of maps like this, the timing of the berthas is key. If you can get them to fire sequentially so that no two are firing at the same time, it helps a lot.