Custom Map #7847: New Smart Stargate. By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, November 12, 2019, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #7847: New Smart Stargate

Author: yum234
Size: 110x90

Desc:
Mini CSM (Corky Style Mode) game with new fascinating SS (Smart Stargate) units created by Master Builder17. For activation SS you need just supply it by energy from CN or by guppies. Unfortunately Display shows C and AC only for classic (old type) stargates. Hope will be improved in future. Enjoy and Good lu! :) #BravoCornucanis #BravoRegallion #BravoKajacx #BravoBuilder17 #ThanksToGoodMorning

Twi

Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

yum-forum

Quote from: Twi on November 12, 2019, 10:22:39 AM
For what it's worth, I really liked this one :)

Thanks for comment and You are welcome!  :)

From now in CSM maps we have 2 series of stargates with different features. Classic stargates and new Smart Stargates which need ammo for activation. Interesting that StargateBlocker working for both types of stargates

P.S. It was brilliant idea of Builder17 to introduce ammo mechanics for activation of classic stargates!
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

Riskbreaker

i find it important that blockers work on them since one single ammo turns them on and it cant be undone

gotta be careful with colectors/relays :P

yum-forum

Quote from: Riskbreaker on November 12, 2019, 12:28:28 PM
i find it important that blockers work on them since one single ammo turns them on and it cant be undone

Yah. Not yet ideal...  :-[
last

Builder17

Quote from: Riskbreaker on November 12, 2019, 12:28:28 PM

Stargates slowly drain energy once you stop feeding them. :)

Riskbreaker

nice, i noticed it now...was just avoiding using them at all haha

Riskbreaker

uh, i'm not sure if it started happening after i loaded the game, but the stargates stopped having the ammo depleted

Riskbreaker

Quote from: Riskbreaker on November 12, 2019, 03:41:08 PM
uh, i'm not sure if it started happening after i loaded the game, but the stargates stopped having the ammo depleted

and now i loaded and they are working as intented...i'll test some things here

chwooly

Overall a nice map, Still don't understand the benefit of the spore tower upgrades, they require so much energy and give very little benefit, the ROI is IMO negligible and you could do with out them completely.

The smart gates are a nice feature, However on my playthru, they activated when they got energy OR when they were covered in AC and there was no energy drain once they got active. I thought that was the way they are supposed to be but now I see it was unintended.

Would look forward to more of these being made, I will be interested to see if this mode gets implemented in CW4

Cheers
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

Riskbreaker

maybe the gates detect when only anticreeper is passing through, then it assumes its a safe gate and doesnt shut down

jaworeq

Same for me - once I put AC on smartgate, it wouldnt stop working, which actually was okay for me. If creeper would get to gate, it would just shut down and not spill to my base.

Twi

It only needing power to work when submerged in creeper is intended behavior, if I'm not mistaken. And it does make it 'smarter' for the player, as jaworeq said.
Currently watching: ARIA, Dog Days, and other unlikely things.
And some likely things, too!

yum-forum

last

yum-forum

Fresh video from PRG:  :D

The same with 2X speed:

last