Saving all CW3 data entirely to a Thumb drive.

Started by yetiofnazereth, November 24, 2013, 08:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yetiofnazereth

Due to my job I use a wide selection of computers and would love to be able to save all my CW3 data on my thumb drive however I cannot not seem to. I found an earlier post (Here: http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=14251.0) that taught me how to easily sync game saves via cloud storage which is nice but that's not possible for me. The issue I seem to be running into is that my roaming data which stores my save data path and my product key info is saved locally is there anyway to move "c:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\CreeperWorld3\" in such a way that CW3 access's it through my thumb drive as opposed to locally?

knucracker

The AppData path is fixed... there is no way to move it.  However, none of your game progress is stored there.  Only your key and you global game settings are there (key mappings, etc.).  For progress in missions, DMD, scores, etc. they are all in:
c:\Users\YOUTUSER\Documents\CreeperWorld3\

The best you can do is put your appdata\CreeperWorld3 dir on a thumb drive then drop that off on any machine you play on.  You only have to do that once per machine.

yetiofnazereth

Thank you Virgil. Also thank you for all the games I have played them all and been thoroughly entertained and satisfied. I eagerly look forward to all the hours I shall play on CW3.