Impossible Code Maps

Started by Mare, June 16, 2011, 05:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmileyCoder

Id like to see if anyone can beat Cary on Large/High
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

2b3o4o

Quote from: SmileyCoder on March 14, 2012, 06:19:44 PM
I bet you could rush that first chamber with crystals, then you have plenty of reactor space. That's beyond my skill though...

Wheatmidge

Quote from: 2b3o4o on March 14, 2012, 06:46:07 PM
I bet you could rush that first chamber with crystals, then you have plenty of reactor space. That's beyond my skill though...

I bet you can not rush that first chamber with crystal energy. I think that one is impossible.

2b3o4o

Quote from: Wheatmidge on March 15, 2012, 05:05:56 PM

I bet you can not rush that first chamber with crystal energy. I think that one is impossible.
Don't jump to such quick conclusions, I'm almost positive the map is possible. See this map.

Wheatmidge

Quote from: 2b3o4o on March 15, 2012, 05:38:11 PM
Quote from: Wheatmidge on March 15, 2012, 05:05:56 PM

Don't jump to such quick conclusions, I'm almost positive the map is possible. See this map.
If the map is doable then do it. I don't believe it can be done.

Amram

Common sense is not so common. Large/High

129m surface emitter, and not much for hiding spaces.  50 seconds in all surface tiles are covered in creeper.
maybe doable, but im skeptical, lol, either way, its not one i stand a chance on.

Lord_Farin

Quote from: Amram on March 16, 2012, 05:36:51 AM
Common sense is not so common. Large/High

129m surface emitter, and not much for hiding spaces.  50 seconds in all surface tiles are covered in creeper.
maybe doable, but im skeptical, lol, either way, its not one i stand a chance on.
Relatively standard; building a shield allows one to grab the green gem besides the white one. Next a quick build of shields allows for enough time to take the other green gem, as well as the blue one. Then you can dig in using repulsors (which felt appropriate as the surface intensity wasn't very high). The rest is standard.
Behold, Nexus! Looketh skywards, for thy obliteration thence nighs, my foul enemy!

Blaze

Well now, this one has got me stumped completely.

18 L/H has a surface emitter on the left side, with gravity going to the right, when the phantoms hit, there is no room on the surface for any structures as the creeper has covered it, phantoms hit in 34 seconds, the only way I can see this being done is if you get perfect timing and dig into the right side.

But all that in 34 seconds, I can't see it being done.
But then again, Nor'easter was deemed impossible, and that's been beaten.

Another interesting trait this map has is fast switching fields for the surface emitter, it has an interesting effect on the creeper inside of the cavern.

If you do say this is doable, please post a screenshot with proof. :)

Karsten75

Quote from: Blaze on March 16, 2012, 03:19:43 PM
Well now, this one has got me stumped completely.

18 L/H has a surface emitter on the left side, with gravity going to the right, when the phantoms hit, there is no room on the surface for any structures as the creeper has covered it, phantoms hit in 34 seconds, the only way I can see this being done is if you get perfect timing and dig into the right side.

And a little later.. now it's not hard at all...

SmileyCoder

Dammit, you beat me by 5 seconds!

Well my strategy was a bit different. I simply flew into the cave and built my base there, and attacked the emitter when I was ready.

TheSmileyCoder

Blaze

Yep. I gotta start thinking outside of the box. :D

Speaking of which, are there any code maps at all that truly are impossible, and can be brought up now by entering the code?

Yep, me again, 132 L/H no gravity, fairly flat ground, and an emitter right below the background picture.
Not even thinking outside the box can I figure this one out, but once again, I suck at these types of maps.

And yes, I'm going up one number at a time to try and find a truly impossible map. :D

Once again! 189 L/H like 18 but with two surface emitters and a surface gateway, right gravity, and the emitter on the left has fields that pumps creeper out onto and across the surface, and I was not able to get Karsten's strategy from 18 to work.

Wheatmidge

189 L/H is done.
I need to figure how to post screen shots.
Anyway, I dug down grabbed the gems while blocking the creeper with shields, then dug the ship into the ground and defended it with a blaster set to attack only drones and 6 repulsors. with the basic defense up I hallowed out almost the entire level and then pushed out.

lich98

Press the backspace key to take a screenshot it is stored in a folder on your computer i dont know where it is located though.
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

SmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoder

Blaze

Quote from: SmileyCoder on March 17, 2012, 05:45:28 PM
For an example of a truly impossible code map:

http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=7236.msg64824#msg64824

lalonde large/high

lol Alright, but I'm talking about a map where there is so much creeper that you simply cannot win, or where the creeper takes too much room.

And seeing as how nobody has said they have beaten 132 I'm guessing that it's the first one where all emitters can be reached, yet cannot be won.