Weekly 5-Map Tournament – Batman Fight Scene Sound Effects - closing 24 Feb 2013

Started by asmussen, February 18, 2013, 01:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grauniad

The level of irritation expressed in the last two weekly  threads might be a reason  why some players are declining to submit new competitions.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Helper

Quote from: Grauniad on February 25, 2013, 11:40:48 AM
The level of irritation expressed in the last two weekly  threads might be a reason  why some players are declining to submit new competitions.

Definitely a possibility - and I acknowledge that my irritation might have been better expressed.

I would also suggest that the level of difficulty has made several selections impossible for a lot of people.

Most players here are just regular players looking to have some fun and enjoy themselves. When the games selected are aimed at average players, we get somewhere in the the range of 65-75 scores.

"Knowing the target audience" would seem to be paramount in game selection.

Grauniad

Hanlon's Razor and some forgiveness might suffice.. :)

Or maybe the more pithy epigram from Sir Bernard Ingham? Seriously, let's all move on. It will soon be time for any volunteer to legally post the continuing game.

Edited to correct typo.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Helper

Well said.
Some possible titles...

"It's only a game."
"Lighten up."
"Give it a rest."
"Wrapped around the axle."

And the piece of resistance:

"Hit the road Jack."

:)

This might be a good week to re-charge my batteries and do something constructive...tax returns, fix computers, etc.

deety42

Well, I didn't finish this week because of an unexpected stay in hospital, but I'm anxious to try again...so someone, please post something! :)

asmussen

Quote from: deety42 on February 25, 2013, 01:13:26 PM
Well, I didn't finish this week because of an unexpected stay in hospital, but I'm anxious to try again...so someone, please post something! :)

Oh, no! I hope everything is ok!
Shawn Asmussen

Helper

Quote from: asmussen on February 25, 2013, 01:36:01 PM
Quote from: deety42 on February 25, 2013, 01:13:26 PM

Oh, no! I hope everything is ok!

Agreed!
We need you back up to full strength.

Just for grins, I am looking at the joke titles I posted above. Give me a couple of minutes to make sure they are functional and I'll have a new game up (unless someone beats me to it).

deety42

Thanks for the well wishes and yea! for posting a game.  Seemed serious at first, but turned out to be minor, so all is well.

Helper

Here you go: http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=12758.0

I played a few seconds of each. They all look doable and perhaps a little bit of fun on the speed runs.