Custom Map #1047: The conver-sensation

Started by AutoPost, April 20, 2012, 11:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1047: The conver-sensation

Author: Mhunsche

Desc:
This creeper behaves very odd. Can you figure out the trick to this map? Don't give up!

Kilroyinc

This is a challenging map.  Very cool idea.  It took me a while to figure out that when the A. C. got up to a certain density it would turn into bad creeper.  It makes you rethink your way of doing things when you have cleared out the creeper in a room and all you have left is anti creeper building up to critical mass.  When it does, it changes to bad creeper and can leave you trapped.  Great concept  :)

My question is, how do you get the creeper to convert by itself?

bram

A very nice map, great concept. Also took me a while, just nuking it with conversion bombs, before I got it. Great map!

Mhunsche

Quote from: Kilroyinc on April 21, 2012, 02:19:41 AM
My question is, how do you get the creeper to convert by itself?

It was a mistake at first, actually. I never meant it to happen.
It's a glitch in the game.

When you create creeper in the editor and max it out, it will go to a maximum of about 2100M. You just cant create a higher density.
When you force the density up (by fields or gravity), it goes over the 'critical point' and changes to AC.

Try it ;)

joshuad156

Creative and different kind of challenge.  I like the change in strategy.

teknotiss

i believe it's at 2147M then it flips over the the other state, ac to c and c to ac.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

toastkid

Yeah -  great idea, accidental or not.  I couldn't work out how to get the creeper in the lower-right chamber to trigger over into AC, had to just fight through with a ton of conversion bombs.  Cool and very original map :-)

mpete

sorry for any misspellings.
signed,mpete