Custom Map #8268: Centillion. By: doritoeatingkid

Started by AutoPost, April 01, 2020, 06:53:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #8268: Centillion

Author: doritoeatingkid
Size: 128x128

Desc:
a centillion is creeperious in these worlds u fight against many and may die. but good luck on your hard journey

marvinitfox

Advice to Author: doritoeatingkid

Don't put emitter (that leaves a usable PZ) within one neutralizer range of the Inhibitor.

Having this **greatly** eases the difficulty of a map.

Consider the simple expedient of putting a pinprick hole under many(most?) emitters, this will make the resultant PZ unusable to the player.
With this single change several of your recent maps would go from frustratingly trivial to significant adventures.

Helper

@doritoeatingkid,
Right now, about 1/3 of the players downloading your maps are posting a score, so the difficulty level is just fine.
If you ratchet up the difficulty, fewer people will be able to finish and the enjoyment will start evaporating (along with the ratings).
You're doing fine with your maps. You'll learn improvements as you go, so keep experimenting and enjoy the ride.
Thanks,
H

doritoeatingkid

but i thougth this was hard i took me an hour to finish so now iam sad.

Helper

Quote from: doritoeatingkid on April 02, 2020, 04:27:54 AM
but i thougth this was hard i took me an hour to finish so now iam sad.

Some here have been playing CW for a long time and you shouldn't compare your scores to theirs.
FWIW, here is a screen shot from 4:27.
I think I started my attack too soon and should have waited for more power before starting.
In any event, it was a fun map to play and I'll give it another go.
Thanks,
H

Spoiler
[close]

Johnny Haywire

Yeah, dude... don't feel pressured to make maps that are too difficult for you. This map was pretty easy to me, but I still enjoyed it. There are guys who seem to breeze through maps that I really struggle with, but that's cool. Rather than be focused on my inferior skill I choose to admire their greater skill. Both arrogance and depression come from being self-focused yanno... so just make maps that you think people will enjoy, and in turn enjoy having people who appreciate it.

What's really cool about this map is that it gives everyone the opportunity to adapt their playing style to the map. If people like to turtle (to build up a strong defense and then slowly but steadily press the attack), they can. For those who like to rush, PZ's (power zones) are easy to obtain and make the map really fast.

I think this is a map that most people will enjoy. A few might find it difficult, and a few will find it too easy. But if you're teaching a math class of all different levels, it's not wise to present lessons on basic addition nor on Calculus. Either way, you'll likely lose most of the people.

IMO, this is your best map so far, which is a good sign  ;). As you keep playing you'll learn strategies that will help you think & play more efficiently which in turn will help you develop even better maps.

And for those who are wanting more difficult maps, just do a search for "expert". Or "Jason Stevens" or "Sorrontis" or "PastorHealer" .  ;D

Thanks for the map!
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Helper

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on April 02, 2020, 01:59:39 PM

Yeah, dude... don't feel pressured to make maps that are too difficult for you... so just make maps that you think people will enjoy, and in turn enjoy having people who appreciate it.

What's really cool about this map is that it gives everyone the opportunity to adapt their playing style to the map. If people like to turtle (to build up a strong defense and then slowly but steadily press the attack), they can. For those who like to rush, PZ's (power zones) are easy to obtain and make the map really fast.

I think this is a map that most people will enjoy.

IMO, this is your best map so far, which is a good sign  ;). As you keep playing you'll learn strategies that will help you think & play more efficiently which in turn will help you develop even better maps.

And for those who are wanting more difficult maps, just do a search for "expert". Or "Jason Stevens" or "Sorrontis" or "PastorHealer" .  ;D

Thanks for the map!

Great comments and advice. I agree that he is making some fun stuff and attracting a lot of players. I also agree with your comments about "Sorrontis" and "PastorHealer". You can sure burn some time playing (or replaying) their games.