editor help, tips, & tricks

Started by thepenguin, August 19, 2011, 08:55:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thepenguin

community-based editor help file

I'll start with the custom graphics tab:

1.Background image: select one of the in-game backgrounds, or include your own
- "no scrolling": locks the background, so that as you scroll the map, it always looks the same
- "back color": the background color, applied where the background image is not present

2. Custom tiles: select a set of custom tiles
- "random tile rotation": rotates all terrain tiles randomly, except solid terrain

3. custom characters: choose a set of custom characters
- "set character names": allows you to select names other than the default name set for your characters

4.creeper colors: set creeper colors
TIP: set the first color (farthest to the left), and then click on the arrow (on the right) to set all of the colors in that row

5. "Mist Colors" - Set the various colors of Mist that come from the destruction of creeper, anti-creeper, and mining ore
We have become the creeper...

Michionlion

second tip(s):

TU = Time Units

30 TU = 1 second
1800 TU = 1 minute
9000 TU = 5 minutes
45000 TU = 25 minutes
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Fisherck

Enemy Dig Sites tab. :)

Create enemy dig sites. Drag across terrain with cursor (See units for how to get gateways to excavate dig sites).
Erase enemy dig sites. Hopefully you can figure this one out. ;D
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Ebon Heart

Also, after you create a dig site, you can create solid train over the dig site, and dig up solid terrain... It costs 1 packet. :P
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Michionlion

To place Holocubes, Techs, Remnants, Crystals, Capsules, Bunkers, and Nanochips, select the gem in the units tab, then click on the box labeled 'Type', then select what you want to place from the drop-down box. 
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Grauniad

Hey guys, there is a wiki for this...

http://knucklecracker.wikia.com/wiki/Knuckle_Cracker_Wiki

Needs work, but it will be better than this ad-hoc collection of random posts.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

thepenguin

Quote from: Grauniad on August 20, 2011, 03:01:11 PM

which has fallen apart to the point of becoming obsolete

I highly disagree, if people actually want to find information, logically they would go to the forums, not some obscure page that hasn't been updated since ~3 months after the CW1 release

also, how about you put all this information into a nice, easy-to-use system, as you seem to be the only one bothered by it?

Kithros

Quote from: thepenguin on August 20, 2011, 05:31:30 PM
Quote from: Grauniad on August 20, 2011, 03:01:11 PM

which has fallen apart to the point of becoming obsolete

I highly disagree, if people actually want to find information, logically they would go to the forums, not some obscure page that hasn't been updated since ~3 months after the CW1 release

also, how about you put all this information into a nice, easy-to-use system, as you seem to be the only one bothered by it?

People will look on the forums sure, but they won't look in a thread that's completely disorganized when they're just trying to find out how to do one specific thing with the editor - if the thread would get big it would be useless since people couldn't find what they were looking for, and if it's small there isn't enough information to be useful.

thepenguin

Quote from: Kithros on August 20, 2011, 05:54:28 PM
People will look on the forums sure, but they won't look in a thread that's completely disorganized when they're just trying to find out how to do one specific thing with the editor - if the thread would get big it would be useless since people couldn't find what they were looking for, and if it's small there isn't enough information to be useful.

Voila, all your answers