Commas in creeper density number

Started by Bacteriophage, June 06, 2011, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bacteriophage

On many maps, it can be hard to detemine the exact density of a specific cell without eyestrain and double-takes.  If the creeper density number had commas, it would be easier to see if that chamber has ten million density creeper or only one hundred thousand density (ran into this problem on cubic; it didn't end well).  Thus, 1472943 would become 1,472,943.  Sorry if this has been posted before.

knucracker

In the next update of the game, the density will be measured in K,M,G (kilo, mega, giga) units.  So it won't be such a huge number.  I hesitated to put commas because our Eurpoean Allies Against the Creeper use "," where the American Creeper Opposition Forces would use a ".".

Bacteriophage

Great!  My eyes and my units thank you.

Ranakastrasz

Lol, same thing happened to me in Cubic, it didn't look like THAT much creeper, but I lost anyway. I would like to have the option of using any of the 3 displays, using the KMB, commas, and periods.

eudrick

This would be a GREAT improvement over the system I currently use...I made a PAPER template that I hold up to the number to tell me, at a glance, how big the creeper pool is.  (Sad, Ain't it?)  ::)   {MADE YOU LAUGH}
Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
Lazarus Long, Time Enough For Love, Robert A. Heinlein

crazyone76

Quote from: virgilw on June 06, 2011, 03:40:35 PM
In the next update of the game, the density will be measured in K,M,G (kilo, mega, giga) units.  So it won't be such a huge number.  I hesitated to put commas because our Eurpoean Allies Against the Creeper use "," where the American Creeper Opposition Forces would use a ".".
I was just going to mention that before I read your comment  :)
go Dutch
go Netherlands
Holland ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff

CobraKill

Yes I agree but again plz elabaorate
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.