Can't reinstall old purchase?

Started by patrick, December 25, 2009, 04:14:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patrick

I came back to creeper world after a hiatus, and the download link I was emailed when I made the purchase no longer works. I assume it's for an old version of the game, I just get a store page with

File Download
CreeperWorld-0182.exe (Not Available)

I've still got my email with my serial number, so I was hoping to just use it to "activate" a demo version but it doesn't seem to work like that. Any help?

Aurzel

just download the demo version and install it with the key then go here to download the latest version
http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/patches.php

patrick

I'm being really dumb, but I can't find where to put my serial number into the demo - everyone else on the forums is talking about uninstalling the demo after buying the game so I don't expect it to work. Please tell me how I'm mistaken!

Aurzel

i just installed myself on my new laptop, i downloaded the demo and it asked me for the serial number, then i updated it with the downloaded patch

patrick

Are you sure you're not downloading the package for the full game? The demo installer just asked me for a path and where to put shortcuts, then it loads the main menu with "demo" plastered all over it. I've even played all the levels available in the demo and it's not asked me for a serial number.

patrick

I just tried to install the patch anyway and it gives me the message:

"You must install the full game and run it at least once before installing a patch.  Once you have done this, then install the patch.  You can install the full game over this version, run it, enter your license key, then reinstall this patch.

See, I think I need an installer for the full game, but I don't have a link that works because I made my purchase in september.

NoobSauce

If it's okay with the Powers that Be, I can give Patrick either my download link or my installer...  I've got it tucked away in cold storage :3
BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

knucracker

Fastspring only makes the download link available for like 1-2 weeks or so.  If you ever need to get the game again, just mail me at support and include your license key (or name you purchased with).  I can give you a download to the game.  Note that I have to ask to see the key or something in the email since I get mail all of the time from kids wanting me to give them the game and a key.

I just emailed Patrick a direct download link for the game.  This will let him enter his key and get back to annihilating the Creeper.

Thanks to others for offering to help out!