Story walkthroughs

Started by Karsten75, May 17, 2011, 01:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

Hi everyone. :) I've been away for some time. stuff (cough... cough... Gemcraft Labyrinth) got in the way. Amongst other things.

However I've started making a few videos of the more advanced levels of the story line and the Bonus missions.

Here is what I got thus far: I'll add more as time permits:

Story

• Day 1 - Not going to happen
  • Day 2 - Not going to happen
  • Day 3 - Not going to happen
  • Day 4 - Not going to happen
  • Day 5 - Not going to happen
  • Day 6 - Not going to happen
  • [courtesy of Mare]
  • Day 10
  • Day 12
  • Day 14
  • Day 15
  • Day 19
  • Day 20

Bonus missions

Emmote

Nice. I would say though that being able to hear you hit the space bar all the time is a little distracting. Can't you just record the game sound?

Also, the sound seems to be out of sync too.

But yeah, anyway, good videos.
My mind rebels against stagnation.

UpperKEES

I can hear the TV in the background as well, but I do like the birds singing outside! ;)

Tip for Emmote: mute your sound while watching. :P
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Karsten75

Hmm - there was sound? I usually can't record sound, but I'll look into it. Thanks for the heads-up.

TV, I don't think so. :)

Edit: I checked my sound settings and indeed the Mic was live. I'll remix those videos to remove the sound.  Sorry for that. Mostly I have sound on earphones that I don't wear, since I don't really listen to much. Sometimes it catches me like in this instance.

Edit 2: For now I used a YouTube feature called Audio Swap to overlay the soundtracks. That is in progress, I'll check later to see how it works out.

Blaze

Good luck with AudioSwap, it's very buggy.

I had to swap a video 10 times to get it to work.

Karsten75

Yes, it did say there was an error, but they all show that it is "in progress." I'll leave it for a while to see what happens and then if it fails, delete those videos and upload better ones.

Mare

Karsten75, I will help you if you like, is it ok to do day 7 and 10?
I'm about to hit summer break so there is nothing else for me to do ;D ;D
Lying is an Art Form, to succeed, some truth most be woven into the fabric of deception -Anonymous
If you want something done then do it yourself, if you can't,then ask someone to do it for you, making sure to compensate later. If you cannot do that, then you're better off doing nothing at all -Me

Karsten75

crazyone76

Quote from: Karsten75 on May 17, 2011, 01:32:43 PM
Hi everyone. :) I've been away for some time. stuff (cough... cough... Gemcraft Labyrinth) got in the way. Amongst other things.

o yeh... thanks for remembering me still have some maps to beat....

btw it says creeper world story maps
maybe you should add a 2 in there to prevent confusion
:P :P
go Dutch
go Netherlands
Holland ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karsten75

Just added . Pretty good score if I may say so myself. :)

Mare

Sorry it took so long, I had trouble with the video format.
Also, you may notice my account name has changed, that is because I forgot the password to my old account so I had to make a new one. But I assure you, they are both me.

Day 7:
Lying is an Art Form, to succeed, some truth most be woven into the fabric of deception -Anonymous
If you want something done then do it yourself, if you can't,then ask someone to do it for you, making sure to compensate later. If you cannot do that, then you're better off doing nothing at all -Me

mthw2vc

You lost the password? Hmmm, all that work, 70+ videos and you can't even access it anymore? What a waste. Are you sure it isn't still stored by any of your browsers or saved somewhere? Always better to check, and if that fails, there is a link on the login page for when you fail to recall your password built specifically for that purpose. Don't tell me you lost access to your e-mail...

Mare

I lost the password for the email, not the youtube account, and youtube won't log me back in without my email login first.

Karsten75

Quote from: Mare on May 19, 2011, 08:30:39 PM
Sorry it took so long, I had trouble with the video format.
Also, you may notice my account name has changed, that is because I forgot the password to my old account so I had to make a new one. But I assure you, they are both me.

Day 7:

Thanks, I've added it to the top post. I've also added Day 16: Purpose to the list

Kithros

For day 16 I'd like to point out that you don't actually need to build repulsors so early (in fact I didn't use them at all for that area, but if you're playing it safe they're fine) - you can just replace the shield wall one layer lower whenever it's about to break, this lets you build up energy a lot faster early game.