Main Menu

Computer problem

Started by yum-forum, October 02, 2016, 11:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

Quote from: chwooly on October 09, 2016, 11:49:13 AM
Quote from: yum-forum on October 09, 2016, 11:41:22 AM
Sorry, how (where)  to locate log file?

It should be in your "Steamlibrary\steamapps\common\particle fleet emergence\particlefleet_data Directory.

File name is output_log and should have the current data and close to current time.

Please, don't confuse matters further. Yum-forum did play on Steam, and then got a non-Steam copy, which he is currently reporting errors against. If he looks in the location you indicate, he will find an old, obsolete log file.

yum-forum

I installed Piriform Speccy (thanks!) and attach jpg file of result.
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

Karsten75

Great - now next time you get a crash, find the log file and add it here as well, please.

yum-forum

Only one log with today date (attach).
I found folder ParticleFleet_Data. But there exist so many log files (mainly .assets or .assets.resS) and all files very old (September).
last

yum-forum

Again crashed. No new log file exist.  :(
last

Karsten75

Yum, do you know how to open the Windows Run command?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run_command#Accessing_the_Run_command
Quotethe Run command is accessible through the Start menu and also through the shortcut key ⊞ Win+R. If  it no longer appears directly on the Start menu by default, look for a shortcut to the Run command in the Accessories sub-menu.

Open the Run command and type the following string into it (You can copy and paste:

%appdata%\ParticleFleet\

A file log.txt must appear in that location. If it is not there, you have not started Particle Fleet.

Also, please note this observation from Virgil:

QuoteA rare few people seem to get these crashes on mission exit. It seems to be associated with older machines that are memory constrained. At the end of a mission the game frees up a lot of memory. Don't know if it is a memory fault, some bug in unity related to memory management, timing issues on slower machines, etc.

It may well be that we will not be able to assist you. The processor you run is very old and very weak compared to current processors. It is also many generations older than current micro-architectures and

yum-forum

Quote from: Karsten75 on October 09, 2016, 11:35:26 AM

In the mean time, save often! :)

In editor when I testing (playing!) map I unfortunately can not save it!  :)
last

yum-forum

I upgraded videoadapter up 2 000 Mb, reinstalled PF program (1.0.1).
Crash problems disappeared, but exit from game (after finishing it or on intermediate stage in editor) to main menu
PF program on stage "jumping" has "no response. No logs because game not crashed.

1. What requirements for computer for PF game?
2. In time of playing and in other cases no problem at all. Problem only with exit to main menu.
    What process started when I exit to main menu and, perhaps, need so much memory?

Help, please.
last

Karsten75

Yum, there must be a log. If you can't find the log file, I respectfully suggest that there is either a problem with the location you are looking in, or a bigger issue with your machine.

The log file is created the minute the program starts
Initialize engine version: 5.3.6p6 (8f5aa09cf3e8)
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Direct3D:
    Version:  Direct3D 9.0c [aticfx32.dll 20.19.0.32837]
    Renderer: AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
    Vendor:   ATI
    VRAM:     3053 MB (via DXGI)
    Caps:     Shader=30 DepthRT=1 NativeDepth=1 NativeShadow=1 DF16=1 INTZ=1 NULL=1 RESZ=1 SlowINTZ=1
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly

and data is written to it regularly, including

stats like these:

Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

Storing Steam Stats

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

Unloading 0 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 37709.
Total: 71.886375 ms (FindLiveObjects: 1.821501 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.863767 ms MarkObjects: 69.135757 ms  DeleteObjects: 0.065053 ms)

StoreStats - success

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

StoreStats - success

Setting up 1 worker threads for Enlighten.
  Thread -> id: 268 -> priority: 1

yum-forum

"... Storing Steam Stats..."

I play non Steam version of PF and can not find log files even using Your advices.  :(

Now I will reinstall game to Steam version and hope it will be possible get log files.
last

yum-forum

Sorry, but problem still remain.

Every time I exit mission computer "no response..." on stage "Jumping...".

Help, please, if possible.  :(

P.S. Or better wait for ver.1.0.2?
last

knucracker

1.0.2 is coming very soon (I'm trying to get it done today or tomorrow... at least on the beta branch).  Wait for that build and we will see how it behaves.

yum-forum

Quote from: virgilw on October 20, 2016, 11:10:37 AM
1.0.2 is coming very soon (I'm trying to get it done today or tomorrow... at least on the beta branch).  Wait for that build and we will see how it behaves.

:) :) :)
last

yum-forum

Became much much better!  :)
But 1 time a day game crashed (not in mission exit/jumping as before). Logs attached.
last

knucracker

Did you enable any of the options on the ADV menu?