Manual flight control

Started by traisjames, October 16, 2016, 05:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

traisjames

How do I activate manual flight control?  I somehow activate it by accident all the time, but not sure how to do it intently.

Sorrontis

Quote from: traisjames on October 16, 2016, 05:49:07 PM
How do I activate manual flight control?  I somehow activate it by accident all the time, but not sure how to do it intently.

What do you mean?
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Karsten75

Are you talking about waypoints, to set a route for ships? That's not implemented as of yet.

GoodMorning

If you refer to Omni mouse following, you achieve it by selecting the move ghost of a flying Omni.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Nicant

I think i know what he means. Do you mean when you tell the omni to go somewhere and then click on the green omni thing where the omni supposed to go, then wherever you move your mouse it will continue to move?

Edit: Ok, so it is really hard to explan, but i will try my best to explain how to active "manual" flight mode again.

Edit2: Just Realized GoodMorning already explained it so all of this is useless now unless you want to see what is going on. :P

First, select an Omni and tell it to move somewhere. (As Seen in the image in the spoiler.)
Spoiler
[close]

After you told your Omni to move somewhere, click on the green Omni thing as seen circled in the image below. When you click on the green Omni thing and mover your mouse, the omni will follow your mouse, thus "Manual Flight Control".
Spoiler
[close]
CW4 hype!!

Nicant

Actually, you gave me an idea! Expect a new map from me tomorrow!  ;)
CW4 hype!!

traisjames

Oh so it only works for Omnis and not ships?  It would be nice to be able to steer a hammer thru enemy strut that is enclosed on land too small to land it.

fizzrate

Waypoints for ships are coming in a later build.