Struggling with Mission #15, need help

Started by 19chickens, October 01, 2016, 05:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

19chickens

As the title says.  What I do is I warp in the Corporate HQ in the bottom left and build up some defenses.  I assume that I need to go and Lathe the ore mines to stop the Bertha firing, but I can't because all my ships are annihilated.  How would you approach this?

Oblivion

The Bertha is a pain in the butt and its a given it will destroy your ships multiple times.
I would (already did) push towards obtaining the ship schematic.
Then, build up all your ships. Unless the Bertha fires at HQ it shouldn't be able to completely destroy a built ship.
After all ships are built, push towards the unique enemy ship up top and capture the energy mine. Hammer front, every other ship just right behind it firing.
When the enemy ship is gone taking over the moon should be easy enough.

PS Several times my HQ was shot and forced to teleport out, just continue with the game, sometimes it happens.
Hope it helps!
Not sure if this justifies a spoiler tag.
~Memes have been scientifrically proven to be the very essence of life unto itself~

Ovalcircle

Yeah, it will destroy your ships. Just keep building them. Also, the Bertha fires in a straight line so don't line up your ships next to each other. Try to stagger them.
[REDACTED]

"If you are good at something, never do it."

19chickens

I'll try both of these tomorrow.  Until then, sleep.

Valley

Relli

The HQ is a tough ol' cookie. In pretty much all my attempts, including the one that finally succeeded, I had it grab two energy mines and then go say hi to the doppel and ship. It took some hits, but was able to keep alive pretty easily and destroy the ship spawner. If you position it close enough, or toggle the target options on your cannons, it will also continually kill the ship while it's just a core trying to build. That keeps that threat out of the way completely. The Doppel can be left alone from that point (I think, I never tried), but what I ended up doing was using Defensive Struc to give energy mines a Lathe, and the energy mine I built next to the doppel is able to lathe the doppel's spawner. So you just have to take it out the once for it to be permanent. I found a Hammer to be particularly useful for a cheap answer to a one-time doppel. That should give you a pretty good start. Save and give the rest a try whatever way you feel is best.

Someone

start from bottom left
immediately build 2 lathe
after that get 1 tanker

build some defense for bottom base

get 2 lathe and 1 tanker to top left
from there you can assault the moon easily

i don't know is it the best solution
but it kinda worked for me  ;D ;D

PhailRaptor

I used an AMP gem on Omni Reactors, and sent one to go claim that landmass in the absolute top left.  You have enough range for the Omni's Lathe to build the Energy Mine, which gives you space to build a couple of ships.  Park the Joven, Destroyer, and one of the Cruisers in tactical positions in the gaps in your landmasses in the lower left, then send basically everything else to slowly encroach on the moon fragments and it's energy rifts.  AMP gems in the Maurader, Wolf, and the other Cruiser.

I don't quite remember how I got the foothold on the moon, but I managed to get enough room to place 3 Omnis on there, which pretty much sealed the deal there.  For me, getting to the 3 Emitters around the planet's Struct shell was harder.

Darkmega

just DO A BARREL ROLL whenever you see the cannon charged up and make sure you're not all in a straight line. it usually won't instagib the ship it's firing at cause that's just OP, but the rest of the line isn't as forgiving if it happens to line up with your HQ or another good ship. C-class is a good distraction so you can send the hammer to dive bomb the station guarding the moon, or you can put the carrier near it and wittle it away, but I was mostly using it to supress the front while I went up and around with big nose etc. Just takes a good move speed buffed omni rush with cannons and reactors to get them out, just drop everything on them and they'll usually take some of it out before dieing. Take the ore and energy installation thing offline and you'll practically be set for energy and can do the rest at your leisure like normal cause it all converts to energy zones.

steelwing

Quote from: Someone on October 01, 2016, 09:01:52 PM
i don't know is it the best solution
but it kinda worked for me  ;D ;D
I used a variant on this.
Get a lathe and both cruisers built first, then your destroyer.  Use them to hold off the particles that would otherwise come through the gaps in the islands around you.  Try not to build more than two ships at a time.
Spend AMP gems on at least the first 4 tech upgrades.
Get rock burner if you plan to break out your benign particles from the land surrounding them.
While you're building ships, get at least two omnis on every island in energy range.
Then build your Marauder, Wolf and Big Nose.  The rest of your ships can come in any order.
Now send a force up to that island in the top left.  The core of it should be a tanker, a lathe, Big Nose, and a cruiser.  Include your Marauder and/or your Wolf if you're not using them for something else.  Once you have the energy mine at that island, get two omnis built there.
Knock out the structures surrounding the moon, and then build every omni you have remaining for a moon landing.
Drop omnis on that island repeatedly, replacing them as needed (you will lose several in the course of killing the emitter and mire spawners).
Once you have the moon fully mired and all the energy mines that came out of lathing those ore deposits built up, move your ships around in front of the moon.
By now you should not have massive amounts of particles pushing against your islands at the lower right.  If you have omnis on those islands and have the omni cannon tech, they and a cruiser can hold off anything that comes close enough to be a threat.
Before heading for the planet, decide where you no longer need omnis.  Destroy the ones you can do without.
Any ships you're not deliberately keeping back for defense or something else, throw at the planet.  If you're patient, let your lathes deal with the struc.  I used the Hammer to sweep most of it out of my path.  Create an opening leading to the central mire spawner in front of the Bertha.
Build every omni in your complement as close to the planet as is safe (your tankers can supply the necessary energy).
Land those omnis grouped closely, in lathe range of the center mire spawner.  If you're feeling paranoid (or didn't take omni reactors as a tech), a tanker (or microtanker) can fit in the nearest gap in the land to support your omnis.  You can send your Wolf in there too, to suppress the enemy emergent.
Replace your omnis as many times as needed to kill the mire spawner and then the Bertha, and finally collect the infocache.

fractalman

I kept the ships clustered together and didn't have much of a problem with the bertha. As long as they're not too badly damaged, they can usually survive and laser-beam the stray particles. 

GoodMorning

If the bridges are aligned, they can be insta-killed, which is why separation is advised. This is separation in angle relative to the Bertha, however.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.