See the Mission Objectives

Started by mopa42, September 22, 2011, 09:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopa42

On some of the custom maps, I keep forgetting whether the map is obliteration or acquisition. I'd be nice if there was an easy way of finding out what the victory conditions are while I'm playing. Maybe a display like "Still Left: 503.8 Billion Creeper and 2 gateways", or "2 Capsules and 1 Holocube remain".
Or maybe have an option on the Game menu to show the mission objectives screen again (the black one with the title and stuff when you first start playing). You can sort of do this by quick saving and quick loading the game, but that's not ideal.

I suppose this is two suggestions: 1) see the mission objectives and maybe 2) see how close I am to completing those objectives.

Michionlion

i support seeing the amount  of total creeper left on obliteration maps.  ;)
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Cavemaniac

Quote from: Michionlion on September 22, 2011, 09:08:24 PM
i support seeing the amount  of total creeper left on obliteration maps.  ;)

That ties in with something I was going to bring up.

On CW1 you could click the 'time' box and bring up the graph, so at a glance you could see an analogue of your progress against the creeper, and estimate how much was left.

Is there anything like that on CW2 that I just haven't found yet?
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Grauniad

A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

CobraKill

Quote from: Grauniad on September 22, 2011, 10:41:37 PM
Quote from: Cavemaniac on September 22, 2011, 10:02:12 PM

No.

Way to be concise. :)

I think that it would be a viable option to include the graph of the end game when you click the the time box. Shouldn't be too problematic to program, I assume. (Why do I keep enormous, enigmatic words? There it is again!)
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

UpperKEES

On CW1 you could click the 'time' box and bring up the graph, so at a glance you could see an analogue of your progress against the creeper, and estimate how much was left.

I asked this way back in beta and Virgil said he may add this in the future.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Cavemaniac

Quote from: CobraKill on September 22, 2011, 10:48:28 PM

I think that it would be a viable option to include the graph of the end game when you click the the time box. Shouldn't be too problematic to program, I assume.

The first thing I tried was clicking the time box - but the pesky thing keeps dodging out of the way whenever my mouse gets near!!

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

mopa42

I did not know that, cool. That would have been useful to look at for a couple of maps.

So for 1) and 2) looks like we'd like the game to either show the end of game graph somehow (before the end) or show the beginning of game overview screen (after the start).

lich98

I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra