Impossible Code Maps

Started by Mare, June 16, 2011, 05:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

Try this one on for size:  Methylprednisolone  Medium/High

Karsten75

Quote from: Karsten75 on April 17, 2012, 06:50:07 PM
Well, you inspired me. I made it by the skin of my teeth. :) When the Dark Beam started firing, I had 12.x of energy available and my weakest shield had less than 12 health left. :)

Today, I tried several times and I just can't do it again. Best so far is to get to 7 energy before I'm flooded. :(

Edit. Got it!  A little later than yesterday, But I'm in business again. :)

Ebon Heart

Works best to start your reactor farm farther down, so you have plenty of room to retreat and build more shields.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Karsten75

Nope. See my modified post above yours. :P

Ebon Heart

alrighty then, that works too. I have no real plans to beat it, so... yeah. Good luck.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

TonyP2000

Alright, if someone can beat this, you are a beyond pro...

Sun it once

Surface titan emitter with phantoms. Oh, and one decaying block between you and a bunch of drones and another titan emitter.

edit: Try 5201 as well.
Vote Tony!

Wheatmidge

Sun it once is done. you can dig into the ground by the white crystal and hold back the creeper with repulsors and two blasters until you build up enough energy for the dark beam

Kava09

Quote from: Wheatmidge on April 19, 2012, 02:30:30 AM

Sun it once is done. you can dig into the ground by the white crystal and hold back the creeper with repulsors and two blasters until you build up enough energy for the dark beam

Aa, you was first :)

Kholim

Spoiler
[close]

5201 is beatable.

Kholim

run water to Any difficulty?  Really?

It's not even mildly unsettling on large/medium.  You can slap a shield cap on the right emitter and use shields for the drones until you get a few reactors going.  Large/High is giving me some trouble, I'm running low on energy when the first round of phantoms comes around, but I'm confident that someone with better timing can beat it.

Jarin

Quote from: Kholim on April 21, 2012, 11:39:08 PM
Spoiler
[close]

5201 is beatable.

What about 5201 on medium size instead of large? It moves a gate to the surface as well. Couldn't seem to deal with it...

Kava09

Quote from: Jarin on April 24, 2012, 01:41:56 AM
What about 5201 on medium size instead of large? It moves a gate to the surface as well. Couldn't seem to deal with it...

Beatable this map definitely is  :)

Jarin

How did you get to that point, though? The end of any experimental map is always going to look the same. I want to see the first 90 seconds! :P

Edit: Scratch that, medium added a gem I somehow missed. I'm just blind apparently.

Edit2: Nope, still no idea how you managed it... o.O

Kholim

Quote from: Jarin on April 24, 2012, 07:21:36 PM
How did you get to that point, though? The end of any experimental map is always going to look the same. I want to see the first 90 seconds! :P

Edit: Scratch that, medium added a gem I somehow missed. I'm just blind apparently.

Edit2: Nope, still no idea how you managed it... o.O

Spoiler

I was really sloppy about overbuilding and running too much energy over too big an area, so take my advice at little value and improve upon it.
Just be meticulous and use different save slots.

Time: 15 sec  Grab the white gem with the help of a single shield, back away as soon as possible and start digging in for the tech and more energy.

Time: 1 min 3 sec  (Sorry, didn't save for a while.)
I took a fire rate upgrade with my technytes, although in retrospect range might have made it easier to move my gun around.  Anyway, it allows for your gun to protect your shields.  Build energy as usual.  Start building a dark beam for use later.

Time: 1 min 52 sec
Put up a beacon asap and grab the green gem on the left.

Time: 2 min 18 sec
The biggest help I can give you is to disable your dark beam as soon as construction is complete, otherwise once you grab the green gem you'll just start feeding it ammo nonstop.  At this point that energy is better used to get your energy production above 12.

Time: 2 min 48 sec
Due to my horrible timing I made it by the skin of my teeth.  I started firing the beam at 10.7x energy and used the built up ammo to push a few more reactors up and get to 12.7.  But I made it...  Just watch out for drones heading for your mirrors.  Or not.  There's probably not enough creeper in those wells to push over to your reactors.
[close]

Jarin

Cripes. I think I'm just gonna say "nice work" and not try to duplicate that one. o.o