Custom Map #5480: Strikefleet Delta 23. By: Decagon

Started by AutoPost, February 13, 2018, 07:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daniels220

cornucanis: Oh wow...really, 23:1? Or does the amount taper off toward the edges of the blast? Either way, suspicion confirmed...need to remember to use it really aggressively now (i.e. against deep creeper, and generally making sure it's firing 100% of the time).

cornucanis

Quote from: daniels220 on February 20, 2018, 11:30:38 PM
cornucanis: Oh wow...really, 23:1? Or does the amount taper off toward the edges of the blast? Either way, suspicion confirmed...need to remember to use it really aggressively now (i.e. against deep creeper, and generally making sure it's firing 100% of the time).

It depends on what the mapmaker sets as the ammo and AC deposit values, since both are adjustable. The amount designated will be deposited over 25 cells though (I've sent the fixed script to Decagon so it should correctly hit 25 cells rather than 23 in future maps).

Johnny Haywire

Been a while since I've had time to play a good, challenging map - happened to stumble upon this series and found this particular boss fight - really enjoyed it!

Was intrigued because several people mentioned it was difficult, and although I suppose it's a bit tough I don't think it's in the top 20. Still pretty tough though, I suppose.

Not sure what all the fuss is about though... a bit of early power management, building about 50 beams & the reactors to power them... and you're good. I do like that the Creeper Berthas aren't completely predictable. Nice work on those, Decagon!

Only complaint I really might have is the lag, and that's my fault for not buying a computer for like 5 years. If you can't afford to pay, you can't afford to play, right? Still playable albeit with a good bit of lag.

Spoiler
If you don't want the long-range creeper shooter to kill your forge, just set a couple sprayers to "always on" near it and it'll flood the area with AC once it overflows the very small space near the forge.
[close]

Thanks for yet another great map, Decagon!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Tjgalon

While I am not sure what fires it, a black cloud goes to something and hit, and not one of my unit try to counter attack it. I am not sure what it is, or what to counter. Atm, that keep me from winning the map.

GoodMorning

If I remember right, that's the Creeper's version of your AC Bertha.

You'll need to get close and Nullify it - there isn't (so far as I know) a way to shoot it down, any more than the Sleeper can counterattack against your AC Bertha.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Tjgalon

fun, just suddenly I was under attack by it, as it removed my forge, and kept aiming at it, when ever I tried to rebuild it, leaving me seriously weaken to any more onslaught, lol

Johnny Haywire

Yeah, you can target those things with your bertha - takes about 6 or 7 hits I think. Or you can soak the area with AC to protect your forge. In a map where you're fighting heavy creeper, use your guns to deal with that, and lay down a continuous pumping of AC far behind the lines to secure your positions. At least, that's my take on it. I prefer to move slowly & safely than to risk making a mistake & restarting the game.

Keeper Decagon

The Sleeper Berthas, the ones targeting your Forge, can have its shots blocked by having a shield at the location it's most likely to fire upon, which in this case is the Forge. So if you keep a Shield active beside your Forge, the shots should be nullified pretty readily so long as the shield has sufficient power.
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

Johnny Haywire

Weird. I tried using the shields and they didn't seem to work for some reason. I had 4 shields around it fully powered and the creeper still got through.

Timing a bertha strike on the creeper bertha, followed immediately (less than 1 sec) by an AC bertha strike usually kills those things in 1 hit. 2 hits if there's deeper creeper.

I really liked this map too, Decagon. Your maps consistently seem to find that balance of providing a bit of a challenge for experienced players, while still being manageable for beginners. Thanks for your work on these maps (and on PF too)!

;D ;D ;D

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on April 09, 2018, 10:27:02 PM
Weird. I tried using the shields and they didn't seem to work for some reason. I had 4 shields around it fully powered and the creeper still got through.

Timing a bertha strike on the creeper bertha, followed immediately (less than 1 sec) by an AC bertha strike usually kills those things in 1 hit. 2 hits if there's deeper creeper.

I really liked this map too, Decagon. Your maps consistently seem to find that balance of providing a bit of a challenge for experienced players, while still being manageable for beginners. Thanks for your work on these maps (and on PF too)!

;D ;D ;D

I believe the Bertha shots look for the fields created by the shields. If you have shields overlapping, the fields directly between the two cancel out and thus the shot won't detect there being a shield. Since the shields on the Flagship would be equidistant from the Forge, the cancelling out happens exactly where the Bertha shot would hit. Try using only one shield instead, or maybe stagger a couple of them.

Also, thanks! Sometimes I wonder whether or not I make them a little too difficult (judging based of some reactions to this map in particular), but it's good to know that it's still manageable and fun! :D
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

Johnny Haywire

QuoteIf you have shields overlapping, the fields directly between the two cancel out and thus the shot won't detect there being a shield.

Ah!  :o Thanks for that info... it'll come in handy I'm sure!  ;D