Custom Map: Nice Job 15: The Gravedigger

Started by AutoPost, June 05, 2010, 10:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Nice Job 15: The Gravedigger

Author: UpperKEES

Desc:
10 emitters trying to kill you, 6 emitters trying to save you. You've never been so close to death as today. But hey, it's your job, so you can handle that. Right? Try to use all available space as efficient as possible; this will certainly help you finishing faster.

UpperKEES

Title:
Nice Job 15: The Gravedigger
Difficulty:
Hard
Creeper type:
Land only
Remarks:
10 emitters trying to kill you, 6 emitters trying to save you. You've never been so close to death as today. But hey, it's your job, so you can handle that. Right? Try to use all available space as efficient as possible; this will certainly help you finishing faster.
Description:
Finally, the last grave for today....

Your new job as a gravedigger is pretty tough as it involves a lot of hard work. You've just let the coffin down when you realize how little space you must have in such a small case.

At that moment a powerful gust pushes you forward. You fall down into the grave onto the coffin. When you look up you see nothing, but you hear a frightening dark voice saying:

"HAHAHA! You buried me alive, now you will experience the same thing! Die!"

Hmmm, better start digging again....
Download page:
Nice Job 15: The Gravedigger
Full size screen shot:
More maps:
Apply here for another job ;)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

NNR_Alex

I had a long detailed reply for how i beat the level typed up, and then i realized i better not give that away just yet.  It took me two tries just because the first try was a terrible start.  And it takes like 3-4 blasters to really make sure you are safe on the coffin, i'll say that much.

I make a lot of dumb mistakes, i tried to advance up the steps poorly, i tried to use some battery powered blasters, I rushed the moat for the mortar tech, lot of good that did....and the last tech i grabbed was the speed tech because I'm an idiot and started at the top of the map for my climb out of the grave.  and like after i finished capping off the top half i went "oh..." and kicked myself for not starting at the bottom where i could have gotten the speed tech sooner.

My bad moves aside this was a pretty fun map, a bit of a scary start up (and a bit scary trying to get out of the grave) but once you are secure on the coffin you just gotta work at getting out, i can do this faster now that i know what NOT to do.

F0R

played the map got bored actully but good difficlty 3/5

UpperKEES

Quote from: NNR_Alex on June 06, 2010, 03:16:47 AM
I had a long detailed reply for how i beat the level typed up, and then i realized i better not give that away just yet.  It took me two tries just because the first try was a terrible start.  And it takes like 3-4 blasters to really make sure you are safe on the coffin, i'll say that much.

Nah, let them struggle a bit first. ;)

Spoiler
But even when the coffin is filled up, 2 blasters are enough to defend it if well placed.
[close]

I make a lot of dumb mistakes, i tried to advance up the steps poorly, i tried to use some battery powered blasters, I rushed the moat for the mortar tech, lot of good that did....and the last tech i grabbed was the speed tech because I'm an idiot and started at the top of the map for my climb out of the grave.  and like after i finished capping off the top half i went "oh..." and kicked myself for not starting at the bottom where i could have gotten the speed tech sooner.

Spoiler
I use some battery blasters as well to conquer a higher step. I would recommend getting the techs asap, even before the actual fight.
[close]

My bad moves aside this was a pretty fun map, a bit of a scary start up (and a bit scary trying to get out of the grave) but once you are secure on the coffin you just gotta work at getting out, i can do this faster now that i know what NOT to do.

Yeah, once you know what to build you always have an advantage. As map maker I played a couple of times more which definitely makes it easier. I might say something about that later.

Quote from: F0R on June 06, 2010, 06:19:51 AM
played the map got bored actully but good difficlty 3/5

Play faster! ;)

Neilos

Not very quick for me, and my useless computer isn't great with numerous blasters so it felt a lot longer than my 40 minutes.

Used 3 blasters at the start to be safe, then added a fourth as I built my reactors.  Got mortar, then cleared a path to the outside at the bottom.  Then speed, and this is probably where I lost a lot of time - only fought round the grave on a single front, doing two fronts would have been much faster.

UpperKEES

Quote from: Neilos on June 06, 2010, 12:50:08 PM
Used 3 blasters at the start to be safe, then added a fourth as I built my reactors.  Got mortar, then cleared a path to the outside at the bottom.  Then speed, and this is probably where I lost a lot of time - only fought round the grave on a single front, doing two fronts would have been much faster.

Spoiler
When you put 2 blasters on the coffin (left middle and right middle), you can cover the whole case with reactors and such. I leave some free space for the blasters I need to obtain the techs, for 1 storage, and for 2 speed nodes.
[close]

Quote from: Neilos on June 06, 2010, 12:50:08 PM
only fought round the grave on a single front, doing two fronts would have been much faster.

Spoiler
Yeah, you probably won't have enough energy to start at 2 fronts, but once you got up on one side, I would stop advancing, expand the energy collection and add some more speed nodes and then add blasters to initiate a second front as well. This saved me 6-7 minutes compared to the single front approach I used during testing.
[close]

SPIFFEN

finally i manage to finnish the map , alot lagging in the end for me =P
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

UpperKEES

Well done Spiff! :) You didn't exactly pick the easiest of my maps to beat.

And I see your time isn't bad either, especially considering that you went all around on each level if I understood your PM correctly. That could indeed cause some lag in the end....