Custom Map #6895: CHRISTMAS TREE #3. By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, December 25, 2018, 03:01:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #6895: CHRISTMAS TREE #3

Author: yum234
Size: 144x144

Desc:
Cornucanis Style Map with created by Kajacx "Christmas gift" - DCBF. Double Conversion Bomb Factory produce bobms attack of which has 2 stages: conversion of Creeper into Anti-Creeper and then after 25 second conversion of AC into Creeper. Radius of "reverse conversion" is a littele smaller. "Ctrl+Shift+J" - CORKY Help Box. "Ctrl+Shift+H" - Monitor control. Tricky start of game. Merry Christmas! :) #BravoCornucanis #BravoKajacx #BravoVirgil #GoodLuck

yum-forum

Big thanks and You are welcome! Hope You will create nice video!  :D

In future radius of bomb attack will be shown by 2 rings - white (first stage) and blue (second stage). At the beginning (2 rings) and after first conversion (1 blue ring - only "reverse").

Merry Christmas!  :)
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

Weasee

I really like the new double-bomb!! (but I think you put too many "presents" on the trees!  ;D )
Thanks again for your amazing maps, and to all the others who supported you in making them
Merry Christmas

strigvir

It's strange that I don't see you building the maps with connector in mind the same way it was first presented in tutorial, aka gaining access to gate colors you don't have a direct access. Right now it's just a "win more" mechanics where you have to have enough production to overpower any given gate, instead of a piece of a puzzle.

Weasee

@strigvir I agree with you; I use the gate connectors in the way you describe: basically once one gate colour is strong enough, you can connect it to another and take over vast areas of the map very quickly; there is no "corridor by corridor" fighting, it's just a big overwhelming land grab at the end (not that it isn't satisfying, of course! ;-) )
I quite like the numbered-connectors that are in some of the other CSM maps, allowing you to join specific gates, rather than all gates of the same colour.

yum-forum

Yah! Numbered-connectors from Regallion is cool!  :)
But I can't implement its in my map template for CSM.  :-[
last

Pnevma

Great map!
But there's a lone brown stargate, was there supposed to be another?  Or is it just to mess with us, looking for it? :D

yum-forum

Yes! A lone as me but I am white because of age.  ;)

Seriously: you can connect yellow gates with brown and get area near brown gate. Then because near brown gate many many flipped emitters you can connect brawn and next target (color gate). Something like that.

Good luck to all!  :)
last

yum-forum

last

yum-forum

last

Blackbird_71

Thanks for the Video. It helped me get a much better start.   :P

Taishan

Here is a video on one way to complete this map with a 15 minute score, if you feel like you need some tips.

Weasee

Well, of course I couldn't leave that score unchallenged....  ;D
Do you think sub-14 minutes is possible??

Taishan

Haha. At least I held the top score for a few hours =) Nice one Weasee. I imagine you had a few tricks you used and saw a few different tricks I used and combined them to get that time =) Which means I'm in the dark of which tricks you used :P

Why shouldn't sub 14 minutes be possible? It is just a few seconds faster than your current time. I think if you spent hours finding more optimal positions to use bomb and iron out mistakes a sub 13 minute time might be within reach.