Main Menu

Linux version

Started by cclloyd9785, August 02, 2011, 07:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkljkljkljkl

Quote from: krazykit on September 05, 2011, 12:53:27 AM
That's exactly what I did. I get the same error using either the first installer or the patch.

wine airappinstaller.exe /path/to/cw2.air

I got it to install under Wine and it works, for moderate values of "works". I posted instructions earlier in the thread.

If there is _any_ trace of CW2, then the patch won't install. I found the easiest way was to blow away .wine (rm -r) and install from scratch. THIS WILL DESTROY ALL YOUR WINE DATA so don't do it if you already use wine.

You can play custom maps, but the interface is broken. The following things are bad:

• The "find custom maps" HTML widget is broken. You have to download them all by hand using a normal browser
  • Your list of maps played and times will remain forever empty.
  • You have to open CW2 files "by hand" each time
  • If you have saved, then restarting will take you back to the save point. So, I always save at 0:00 so I can restart easily

You can also play most custom maps natively with the older version of CW2. Simply copy your .cw2 file to ~/.appdata/CreeperWorld2/slot0.cw2 and then load the first savegame slot. This mostly works, though some maps don't work properly. The space-invaders map, for instance completes instantly.

Quote from: Grauniad on September 04, 2011, 09:43:39 PM
Try Wine?

Grauniad, do you know if anyone has had more success under wine? Admittedly, my version is quite old, so the bugs may just be due to that.