Creeper world 3 demo not launching/starting up

Started by Nameless, October 05, 2013, 10:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nameless

Some unknown reason the game won't start for me and I'm just only getting error logs so I'm posting my error log on here.
I tied to reinstalled and run as admin also for install but did not work. Also my os is windows vista 32 bit I help this helps a bit.

Chani

Try rebooting your machine.  Also, make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.  This fixes this problem most of the time. 

Nameless

Quote from: Chani on October 05, 2013, 11:14:48 PM
Try rebooting your machine.  Also, make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.  This fixes this problem most of the time. 
I'll will try I'm sure my drivers are up to date but might as well check just in case.
Looks like my drivers were a bit old so so I'll be updating that soon.
I updated driver and restarted my com and got same error plus reinstalled again before just in case if was working weird one was it asked be for higher elevation to run so i ran as admin and error. reinstall run as admin was back to normal same error problem I'll try without and restarting.
Nope not working still getting that crash error every time I run it.

Karsten75

One weird trick that was recommended to another person having issues is to uninstall, download again and try to install the game NOT in PRogram Files, but in a different location on your drive like C:\CW3\ or a longer name if you like typing.

knucracker

Take a look at this log file:
c:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\CreeperWorld3\log.txt

Note that AppData is hidden by default.  Look to see if it contains anything useful for describing the problem, or you can post it here.

Also, if you have antivirus software, you might try temporarily disabling it just to see if that allows you to launch.

Nameless

Quote from: virgilw on October 06, 2013, 01:54:20 PM
Take a look at this log file:
c:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\CreeperWorld3\log.txt

Note that AppData is hidden by default.  Look to see if it contains anything useful for describing the problem, or you can post it here.

Also, if you have antivirus software, you might try temporarily disabling it just to see if that allows you to launch.
I checked there and there was no log files some reason there just generating in the game folder.
also does windows defender counts 2?
Well I tried it didn't seem to work do know any reason why the log files are not being put in place you said.
I forgot I also turn off windows defender just let you know and didn't work. Oh by the way i forgot mention there's nothing else in the AppData\Roaming\CreeperWorld3 folder.

Nameless

I just just reinstalled unity web player to check if was old version it was and that didn't work I'm thinking trying to restart later on seen if there's any changes.

Grauniad

Quote from: Nameless on October 06, 2013, 06:24:20 PM
I just just reinstalled unity web player to check if was old version it was and that didn't work I'm thinking trying to restart later on seen if there's any changes.

Unity Web player has nothing to do with the CreeperWorld3 game.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

knucracker

The shortcut created by the installer looks like this:
"C:\Program Files\KnuckleCracker\Creeper World 3\CW3.exe" -logFile %appdata%\CreeperWorld3\log.txt

The appdata\CreeperWorld3 dir should also have been created by the installer, before the game was ever started the first time.  So if that dir isn't there and you ran the installer, some very odd is going on.

Grauniad

Often it's rather hard to find the appdata folder unless you access it directly.

This image shows what to type into Windows file explorer to do that.

Nameless

Quote from: virgilw on October 06, 2013, 07:48:27 PM
The shortcut created by the installer looks like this:
"C:\Program Files\KnuckleCracker\Creeper World 3\CW3.exe" -logFile %appdata%\CreeperWorld3\log.txt

The appdata\CreeperWorld3 dir should also have been created by the installer, before the game was ever started the first time.  So if that dir isn't there and you ran the installer, some very odd is going on.

no dir is there it just that the error logs not there and I think I may have figured out the problem but I'm not sure how report this or put it in because don't know how to get error logs for it
by the way its unity web player. I wanted to check if my Unity web player is working by using web player settings on there i got error everytime then i tried some games 2 see if anything differenet it was the same I i think main cause is the Unity web player but i don't know how to report this.

Grauniad

CW3 DOES NOT USE UNITY WEB PLAYER OR ANY UWP INFRASTRUCTURE.

Nameless

Quote from: Nameless on October 05, 2013, 10:47:29 PM
Some unknown reason the game won't start for me and I'm just only getting error logs so I'm posting my error log on here.
I tied to reinstalled and run as admin also for install but did not work. Also my os is windows vista 32 bit I help this helps a bit.
oh then i don't know whats the cause then because i though it did for something.

Michionlion

Quote from: Nameless on October 07, 2013, 05:58:33 PM
Quote from: Nameless on October 05, 2013, 10:47:29 PM
oh then i don't know whats the cause then because i though it did for something.

So, error log says CW3 caused an access violation.  That means that it was unable to save/load something.  I would suggest right-clicking and selecting 'run as admin'.  If that doesn't work, when installing the demo, install it into 'My Documents' instead of Program Files.  Also make sure to choose the 32bit version.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Nameless

QuoteSo, error log says CW3 caused an access violation.  That means that it was unable to save/load something.  I would suggest right-clicking and selecting 'run as admin'.  If that doesn't work, when installing the demo, install it into 'My Documents' instead of Program Files.  Also make sure to choose the 32bit version.
I just tried what you said and I got the same thing I wounder uac is causing problems. Just in-case might well most the crash error that still being generating in my game folder on here.