Custom Map #308: Minefield. By: Sorrontis

Started by AutoPost, November 08, 2016, 07:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #308: Minefield

Author: Sorrontis
Size: 480x160

Desc:
Enter this sector with caution. There are particulate energy signatures hidden everywhere. HINT: The SSDI Fleet has 4 decoy and 2 minesweeper ships. USE THEM!

Sorrontis

This map will not be popular. But I had to make it. Sorry?
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Oblivion

Difficult maps are never popular. Unless theres an extreme twist to it. Good map though, except Im not sure how the minesweeper ship worked. Besides as a more expensive decoy.
~Memes have been scientifrically proven to be the very essence of life unto itself~

PMouser

i cant figure it out, my stuff just die way to fast, cant take no hits here, like i can in others, so i had to abort.
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

Sorrontis

Quote from: Oblivion on November 08, 2016, 10:27:06 PM
Difficult maps are never popular. Unless theres an extreme twist to it. Good map though, except Im not sure how the minesweeper ship worked. Besides as a more expensive decoy.

More expensive decoy; but also, it can take a few more hits so, if you're quick, you might be able to retreat it alive... maybe.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

ChaosMaster130

Yeah... I like the idea of the map. The execution is just a bit off though.
Maybe once we get more PRPL stuff you might be able to make a better version of the map though.
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!

MisterX

In principal its a great map, In practice not so much. Couple of tweaks and this will work a treat.

Sorrontis

Thanks gentlepeople.

You'll find the script here if you'd like to try to use it. I will play with it more as time goes by.

Oblivion

Id say the PRPL worked given the coding, though Im not sure whats with the jiggle, thing, Virgil used it, your using it, not sure what its purpose is but it executed like the code dictated. Not sure with what Im doing everything would be solved by the jiggle thing.
~Memes have been scientifrically proven to be the very essence of life unto itself~

Johnny Haywire

I'm having a difficult time getting the AC sprayers and guppies to work correctly in this map. And there's just no room to build a Thor or even a Bertha.

Maybe I'll try playing this map in a different game.
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Sorrontis

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on November 09, 2016, 04:40:38 PM
I'm having a difficult time getting the AC sprayers and guppies to work correctly in this map. And there's just no room to build a Thor or even a Bertha.

Maybe I'll try playing this map in a different game.

Hahahaha!

Sorrontis

Quote from: Oblivion on November 09, 2016, 04:38:04 PM
Id say the PRPL worked given the coding, though Im not sure whats with the jiggle, thing, Virgil used it, your using it, not sure what its purpose is but it executed like the code dictated. Not sure with what Im doing everything would be solved by the jiggle thing.

Jiggle will allow for a spread of particles when the mine explodes rather than having a single stack of X particles.

Doug

I quite enjoyed this map. Nice to have something different.

I'm disappointing that every difficult map gets a low score. All the time that goes into these just to have a couple noobies that can't beat it give you bad ratings

Sorrontis

Quote from: Doug on November 10, 2016, 05:13:04 PM
I quite enjoyed this map. Nice to have something different.

I'm disappointing that every difficult map gets a low score. All the time that goes into these just to have a couple noobies that can't beat it give you bad ratings

Thanks Doug. However, I make maps for those that are interested in my work (and for myself). Those that recognize the Sorrontis name know what they are in for, and I think most ignore the rankings I get.

isoyama

Simple, dumb, poorly thought out and generally unpleasant map. You just set x4 speed and a+move ships until they stop exploding. What so difficult about it?