Custom Map #304: Dungeons and Creepers

Started by AutoPost, October 10, 2011, 07:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #304: Dungeons and Creepers

Author: burguertime

Desc:
You are a king protecting the fountain of Golden light from the forces of darkness.

UmberGryphon

I'm always interested when people use a customizable game to create a kind of game the original programmers didn't have in mind.  I wasn't sure this attempt was going to work, but I think it does.  Very nice.

burguertime

Priest has three modes besides idle.

When the priest is in prayer mode, he glows yellow with holy light, and absorbs holy energy from the environment (best be near the fountain of light by te city) into manna, so the other priests can use their powers.

It is very important to leave a priest in the city praying by the fountain of light, because if you dont the other priests won't have manna to use his skills.

When the priest is in meditative mode, he glows purple with the light of determination, and accumulates holy power within to release in a purging blast of purity around him later.

When the priest is in oratory mode, he does not glow, but a visible aura of holy purity emanates from him, pushing away the evil force.

Also, the warrior can be called an archer.
Don't make a slog just because. Be like Master Mapmaker SPIFFEN:
Quote from: themaskedcrusader on October 05, 2010, 05:09:33 PM
(...)Difficulty is subjective. (...)
SPIFFEN chooses to rate each map as trivial because they believe that the difficulty of the map depends on the capability of the player.
BAD RATING: MEASUREMENT OF MAP HARDNESS.
Quote from: DumbCreeperGamer"Ugh, me no finish map, map too hard, ME RATE ONE.
oOga OoGa to you too.

mopa42

Dude! Awesomely creative map! A blast to play.

Well thought-out, if a bit easy.

dk9146

DethbyIT

burguertime -
That game is a hoot and a half!
Really cleverly done.
Thank you for putting it together.
dbit

eudrick

That was most enjoyable. The narrative was well thought out.   Thanks for not invoking evil spirits ( I hate those).  Wouldn't it be nice to have all the weapons look like chess pieces ;) ?  Make a bigger one,  maybe with alternate routes.
Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
Lazarus Long, Time Enough For Love, Robert A. Heinlein

burguertime

Don't make a slog just because. Be like Master Mapmaker SPIFFEN:
Quote from: themaskedcrusader on October 05, 2010, 05:09:33 PM
(...)Difficulty is subjective. (...)
SPIFFEN chooses to rate each map as trivial because they believe that the difficulty of the map depends on the capability of the player.
BAD RATING: MEASUREMENT OF MAP HARDNESS.
Quote from: DumbCreeperGamer"Ugh, me no finish map, map too hard, ME RATE ONE.
oOga OoGa to you too.

eudrick

Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
Lazarus Long, Time Enough For Love, Robert A. Heinlein

aattss

The text was an eyesore, unfortunately, probably from stuff like grammar and capitalization.

DethbyIT

Quote from: aattss on October 16, 2011, 10:39:27 PM
The text was an eyesore, unfortunately, probably from stuff like grammar and capitalization.

I like to focus my comments on how the game plays; keeping in mind that many of our best map/game makers are not native English speakers.

In every instance I've noted, their English is far superior to my (fill in the language).

remann810

pocketdare

Very creative. Agree with the comments made so far - could be a bit more difficult and a bit longer. I look forward to the second dungeon! Fields would enable some interesting monsters!