Custom Map #1186: Ship Alooone 5. By: FOXX

Started by AutoPost, July 17, 2018, 02:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1186: Ship Alooone 5

Author: FOXX
Size: 270x400

Desc:
5th Map in the Series. Upgraded Scripts by Kajacx Custom Modules added More Info on Forum #EditStruc #FastBuild #ProximityEmitters

FOXX

Some general info:

- You Start with 3 Scrap, ShipLevel 0 and 10 LevelPoints.

- Max Shipsize Ship 1 = 8x8 Modules
               Ship 2 = 8x8 Modules
               Ship 3 = 8x8 Modules

- The 2nd Level is Reached at 100 Particles. Each Next Level Increases with every 75 Particles Destroyed by the Upgradable Ships.

- You get a game event tag if you don't have enough Scrap to Upgrade or Level to Unlock.

- Each time you Upgrade your Ship your Upgraded Ship needs to be Rebuild and If the Upgradable Ship has an AmpGem on it you have to pick up the AmpGem after each Upgrade. Sorry, but there was no other way for this.

OPENING CONVERSATION

This time you can Create your own Custom Ship.
It´s about collecting Scrap for Upgrade Parts and Destroying Particles to Level Up and Unlock more Modules.

Press CTRL+F for the Upgrade Options then Select the Ship you want to Upgrade and place the Ship in the Map.
Select which Part you want and place the Part in the Map - Shift for Info on Upgrade Parts.
Then Select the Ship Layout you want and Place that into the Map.
Now you have your Upgraded Ship ready to Build.

Press CTRL+SHIFT+F for the Unlock Options.
From here you can Select what Module you want to Unlock If you have the Matching Level.
Press Shift on Parts for Unlock Info.

After you Upgrade a Ship there may be an issue where the other Ship is Build on the map but in the ShipSlot it's not build. There is no way around this so keep an eye out for that. If the Ship is on the Map it's OK.

3 Tips:
- Upgrading works under Pause.
- You can do more Upgrades before Building your Upgraded Ship.
- - Max ShipSize Ship 1 = 7 Modules in Width and 7 Modules in Height.
                             Ship 1 = 8 Modules in Width and 8 Modules in Height.

Lastly -> For the Building Time its best to have an AmpGem on Move/Build Speed Increase.

Let's Create our Custom Ships :)
[close]

Module Costs

Module Costs:
ModuleScrapLevel
Lathe (L)32
Cannon (n)21
Cannon+ (N)22
Missile (m)21
Missile+ (M)22
Discharger (D)32
Engine (E)22
Grabber (B)22
Energy Tank (T)33
Reactor (R)23
Guppy (G)23
Port (P)23
Shield (S)34
MK7 (K)45
Fighter Base (F)55
Missiles (Y)35
Cannons (Z)35
Orbs (1)33
Convertors (2)33
Particle Maker (4)44
Custom Reactor (5)33
Particle Bomb (6)22
CW3 Bomber (7)34
CW3 Strafer (8)34
[close]

Enjoy :)
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

FOXX

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

Rebel 16

I hit a weird bug:

I had the Build menu open (modules listed) when I collected the Ship2 pickup. It showed up at the bottom of the list, after the modules. I selected and placed the Cancel ship, and it cleared the modules and the 02 ship and built the Cancel ship. The top-level menu had Ship0, Ship1, and Cancel, which was buildable. I hit Ctrl+F to bring up the upgrade menu and it listed ships 0, 1, and 2. I was able to select ship 2 from there and choose a module to add as normal, at which point ship 2 appeared on the top-level menu and the Cancel ship was gone. This workaround cost a couple of scrap; not a major deal but still a surprising circumstance. If this isn't something that can be coded to correct, you might want to add a caution to the intro for people to be sure the menus are closed before grabbing ship pickups.

FOXX

Quote from: Rebel 16 on July 21, 2018, 04:37:35 PM
I hit a weird bug:

I had the Build menu open (modules listed) when I collected the Ship2 pickup. It showed up at the bottom of the list, after the modules. I selected and placed the Cancel ship, and it cleared the modules and the 02 ship and built the Cancel ship. The top-level menu had Ship0, Ship1, and Cancel, which was buildable. I hit Ctrl+F to bring up the upgrade menu and it listed ships 0, 1, and 2. I was able to select ship 2 from there and choose a module to add as normal, at which point ship 2 appeared on the top-level menu and the Cancel ship was gone. This workaround cost a couple of scrap; not a major deal but still a surprising circumstance. If this isn't something that can be coded to correct, you might want to add a caution to the intro for people to be sure the menus are closed before grabbing ship pickups.

Hi Rebel16,

Welcome to the forum and that issue i haven't encountered myself but the way you explained the situation was very clear.
This can happen with every map in the series so i hope players don't do this.
Don't know if this can be fixed but better to avoid a situation like this. Best advice i can give.

Greets
FOXX

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

GoodMorning

It's fixable for future maps, but will complicate the code. Still, that's not going to stop a script this complicated already.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Brilliand

Quote from: FOXX on July 21, 2018, 07:37:06 PM
Welcome to the forum and that issue i haven't encountered myself but the way you explained the situation was very clear.
Don't know if this can be fixed but better to avoid a situation like this. Best advice i can give.

Hmm, I wonder if this can be exploited... Aha!

• Turn on Drag/Drop Ship Buttons
  • Upgrade a ship
  • Just before choosing the new hull shape, drag the new hull shape to the first position
  • You now have two copies of your ship!

I'm not sure this actually gives any advantage, since the extra copy doesn't instabuild and can't be rebuilt if destroyed, but it's still amusing.

FOXX

Quote from: Brilliand on July 22, 2018, 04:56:42 AM
Quote from: FOXX on July 21, 2018, 07:37:06 PM

Hmm, I wonder if this can be exploited... Aha!

• Turn on Drag/Drop Ship Buttons
  • Upgrade a ship
  • Just before choosing the new hull shape, drag the new hull shape to the first position
  • You now have two copies of your ship!

I'm not sure this actually gives any advantage, since the extra copy doesn't instabuild and can't be rebuilt if destroyed, but it's still amusing.

At least it didn't break the Script.

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!