Custom Map #28: The Super Collider

Started by AutoPost, August 18, 2011, 12:01:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebon Heart

I'm gonna post a video for the super collider V-2 hold yer horses. Lol.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

DethbyIT

Still waiting for a video from someone - anyone.
I've tried duplicating the construction that Kithros showed, but the Creeper is blocking all movement - and the diamonds are destroying the Micro Rifts.

Ebon Heart

Here's a video by MadMurphy, since he hasn't posted it yet, I will.

DethbyIT

Kithros

Quote from: DethbyIT on August 21, 2011, 04:25:28 PM
Still waiting for a video from someone - anyone.
I've tried duplicating the construction that Kithros showed, but the Creeper is blocking all movement - and the diamonds are destroying the Micro Rifts.
You pretty much just need to know exactly where the diamonds are going to spawn and don't build anything there (which I think is bad design - the diamonds don't really serve any purpose in the map except to be arbitrarily annoying to people who don't have the map memorized). You have enough time to build a blaster and shoot down the diamonds when they spawn - but if you were building a microrift wherever the diamond spawns, then you're just screwed. You want to wait as long as possible to build the microrifts - I forget what time the terrain deccays through, but I think it's at somewhere around 2 minutes, but you should start building the microrifts 25 seconds before the terrain finishes decaying through (and avoid deficits)

Ebon Heart

btw Dbit, can we expect a map from you now? http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=7786.0 lmao. I know you said a book... but I think a thread counts. :P
EDIT: sorry if I sent you a message about that, I'm not sure if I did. Lol. I was typing a message, and my iPod died right when I pressed send. :/

DethbyIT

Kithros - Thanks - I'll finish that first chamber and then move on down the road. After watching that video, this game is way more than I want to get a piece of.

Ebon - Thanks for that write up about creating games, but that takes way more time and talent than I have.

Thanks all.
dbit

Ebon Heart

Lol, this was my first real map... It's a huge slog, as you can see. Don't worry, my next map won't be quite as evil... Actually, I can't really say that... Ok, my next map won't be nearly as much of a slog as this one. Lmao. Also, look forward to an epic boss fight made by yours truly... It may appear under Link327's name, it's for his series.
EDIT: also, how do you know you don't have the talent if you haven't tried, Dbit? I'm sure you could come up with something. Also, don't tell you you don't have the time, you spent 2 days trying this hellhole of map. :P *is off to engineer a flying pig*
Seriously though, play around with it, I'm not asking for anything this complex... But I'm sure you can come up with something cool.

MadMurphy

Yeah don't base the difficulty on my video, I have an interesting play style.

Mister_Andy

It isn't so hard if you play through once, accepting failure, and take a screenie or two of field locations/behavior.

Amazing map though, very entertaining :D

Thanks for making it!

Ebon Heart

Sorry it's such a slog... The fields are neat though! Lol. This map basically exists in fields... It fails in balancing.

DethbyIT

Blackie - this is a great map - very tricky start up and I was satisfied to just finish that first chamber.
Thanks,
dbit

Ebon Heart

Quote from: DethbyIT on September 01, 2011, 07:12:26 AM
Blackie - this is a great map - very tricky start up and I was satisfied to just finish that first chamber.
Thanks,
dbit
My next map should be much more satisfactory, and it's a lot less sloggy. The author is Ebon heart by some royal screwup of mine though... :/

DethbyIT

Quote from: Ebon Heart on September 01, 2011, 07:25:16 AM
Thanks,
dbit
My next map should be much more satisfactory, and it's a lot less sloggy. The author is Ebon heart by some royal screwup of mine though... :/

Ebon Heart = Black Heart = "Blackie"
LOL!
(Just my idea of a joke.)

Ebon Heart

Quote from: DethbyIT on September 01, 2011, 07:52:59 AM
Quote from: Ebon Heart on September 01, 2011, 07:25:16 AM
Thanks,
dbit

Ebon Heart = Black Heart = "Blackie"
LOL!
(Just my idea of a joke.)

lol, I got it. *thinks of nickname for you* In the meantime... how's that map looking? :P