Impossible Code Maps

Started by Mare, June 16, 2011, 05:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraKill

Quote from: Eric on June 17, 2011, 11:04:27 PM
I was looking for a map that other people would not find, and this was what I found, it was fun!
vv.,,lfkdxbmkorogmldbfmtojs[portjyhotryjsl;fkg any difficulty was good.

Just a note Eric, this topic was for impossible code maps. :P
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

haloguy48

Quote from: alanrc on June 17, 2011, 09:41:28 PM
Quote from: haloguy48 on June 17, 2011, 04:52:55 AM
Too Fast Large/High The top emitter is just a little too fast to get a foothold for me. Not to mention the phantoms.

I just beat it,  It took 30 mins

O_o really? Wow. I must still be rusty then  ::)
~Pew Pew Pew!~ 
Building campaigns from the echos of forgotten experiences.
~Pew Pew Pew!~

haloguy48

Its a trap Large/high

0g map with a heavy emitter and gateway surface... tried a few times and failed each. Anyone able to get this?

theres a cave here Large/high

another 0g. Phantoms are destroyable, but after 6 plays and moving to the left, it seems impossible to keep the surface emitter in check. (requires more then 3 blasters to even hold a line)

Beam me up scotty!
Large/High

Surface emitter is too much, same as last map.

this is easy
Large/High

Yet again, another 0g surface emitter of destruction
~Pew Pew Pew!~ 
Building campaigns from the echos of forgotten experiences.
~Pew Pew Pew!~

Kithros

Quote from: haloguy48 on June 18, 2011, 03:43:22 PM
Its a trap Large/high

0g map with a heavy emitter and gateway surface... tried a few times and failed each. Anyone able to get this?

theres a cave here Large/high

another 0g. Phantoms are destroyable, but after 6 plays and moving to the left, it seems impossible to keep the surface emitter in check. (requires more then 3 blasters to even hold a line)

Beam me up scotty!
Large/High

Surface emitter is too much, same as last map.

this is easy
Large/High

Yet again, another 0g surface emitter of destruction

All of these are possible:

The first two are pretty straight forward since there are lots of gems readily available: dig the LS in and use repulsors to hold it off, using shields to stall as necessary. Once you get the repulsors up, you'll have plenty of energy extra to build up reactors before the creeper density would become too much for them. The first one I set blasters to drone only - but it isn't truly necessary as I have more than enough energy to support them firing constantly, but it's still better to use drones only when repulsors are good enough to hold the creeper back.

Its a trap:
Spoiler
[close]

theres a cave here:
Spoiler
[close]
There may have been more efficient ways to go about this, but truthfully I don't play the experimental maps very much - I prefer the normal maps a lot more.

The third one was a bit trickier since there wasnt as much energy available at the beginning, but with careful timing on shield replacements and turning repulsors on at the last second, this is what I came up with:

Spoiler
[close]

I didn't play through the maps after this, typically once you get a wall of repulsors up you'll have plenty of time to mass reactors and build up before it becomes threatening on these maps.

EDIT: Didn't notice the 4th map at the time: I massed several layers of shields around it, they finish in time before the creeper spills out, took the gems on the left side then moved over to the right side. It's probably possible to do this one without digging in, but I didn't feel like going through it at the time - I don't think I needed to build the layer of shields over my LS either.

Spoiler
[close]

In hindsight I realize that I could have gotten an easy nullify on the surface emitter after taking some gems by digging under it, shield + nullifier (the terrain directly right of it is decaying, if you built a shield below that square before it decayed through you can nullify it safely)

thepenguin

yes we can, Large
We have become the creeper...

CobraKill

Kithros, I could nvr do that. I worship you o' god oc Creeper World 2
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

florrat

Quote from: Mare on June 16, 2011, 06:01:40 PM
may let here  Large/high

The surface emitter is too strong and the gateway keeps spamming drones.
It might be possible on a lower difficulty.

This map is indeed not impossible, as Fisherck said. I just beat it. With thanks to fisherck, I couldn't do it without his screenshot. I would never have figured out myself to rush to the green gem in the middle, but it turns out to exactly give the energy you need. Nice hard map! :-)

Mare

Oh my god, I have so many maps to complete, especially after what haloguy48 posted.

PS: Kithros, If I could, I would use you as part of an ad for Creeper world. Now All I need is a good slogan.
Lying is an Art Form, to succeed, some truth most be woven into the fabric of deception -Anonymous
If you want something done then do it yourself, if you can't,then ask someone to do it for you, making sure to compensate later. If you cannot do that, then you're better off doing nothing at all -Me

J

blue may away Large/High
0g, 2 surface emitters, 1 surface gateway (2 after playing for one minute), 12 phantoms after 52 seconds
I wonder if anyone could beat this one

Grabarz

omnomnomnomnomn Large/High
Not only it looks impossible, but it even has a -143.8 million average emitter strength. I wonder how.

Fisherck

Quote from: Grabarz on June 20, 2011, 08:20:15 AM
omnomnomnomnomn Large/High
Not only it looks impossible, but it even has a -143.8 million average emitter strength. I wonder how.

Impossible. I think not. :) It is a little easier than you think, because there are no surface drones and plenty of crystal energy. Still a tough map though.

And the negetive emitter strength is I believe just an error. I am sure that emitter still has plenty of bite. ;)

EDIT: And here is another pic to prove it is beatable. I wonder who will win...
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Grabarz

Haha! I may try tommorow, I found the way of burying the LS underground myself also :)
But I just wanted to post it because of the negative emitter strength mostly.

EDIT: Just won the beginning myself! :D

Eric

Fisherck

Quote from: thepenguin on June 21, 2011, 08:03:47 AM
try penguin instead of thepenguin

its much harder

Definitely not impossible. :)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

Fisherck

Quote from: J on June 19, 2011, 02:25:14 PM
blue may away Large/High
0g, 2 surface emitters, 1 surface gateway (2 after playing for one minute), 12 phantoms after 52 seconds
I wonder if anyone could beat this one

Now that one is truly a challenge. I am thinking we may need Kithros for this one... ;)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps