Custom ship editor: build ships up to size 128x128 (v0.3.4)

Started by kajacx, December 20, 2016, 08:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Three_Pryme

Quote from: Sorrontis on April 12, 2017, 10:45:04 PM
hello Three_Prime

download  the program, make your ship, and then press the export button at the bottom of the program. Copy the export data in notepad and send it to me. I'll convert it to a vessel file that you can insert into your ships folder for you to use.

Don't forget to give it a name, a designer (you) and a description.

Thanks! I'll get to it shortly   :D
Commanding officer in particle extermination

Steam ID:Three_Pryme

kajacx

I have already PMed Three_Pryme, but just to clarify for future readers: the ship editor now saves ships to the Particle Fleet's ship directory by default. That means when you click the "Save As" button and save your ship, you don't need to do anything else and you ship will be visible in Particle Fleet.

However use caution, since you can easily override an existing ship with no (or rather, limited) way to undo that.
Why do work yourself, when you can write a program that will do the work for you.

tornado

*Sigh*, you know the drill. I have another bug report.
The import from clipboard button doesn't work on Linux.
throws 'Cannot read CITG: java.lang.NullPointerExceptio' as an error.
screenshots of the ship and the editor attached.
I don't care about the CITG, it's just not importing the ship.
Now CEO of Particular Endeavors. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=23752.new#new
We apologize for all inconveniences that we caused.
Quotefirst, you have to imagine a very big box, fitting inside a very samll box.
then, you have to build one

weeb

kajacx

weeb I have already messaged you in a PM asking you to provide more info on what happened. Can you please reply (vie an PM) instead of spamming this forum thread?
Why do work yourself, when you can write a program that will do the work for you.

MonstercatMedia

Quote from: kajacx on April 13, 2017, 06:35:51 AM
I have already PMed Three_Pryme, but just to clarify for future readers: the ship editor now saves ships to the Particle Fleet's ship directory by default. That means when you click the "Save As" button and save your ship, you don't need to do anything else and you ship will be visible in Particle Fleet.

However use caution, since you can easily override an existing ship with no (or rather, limited) way to undo that.
How do i save mine? i don't have that button so do i need to email you the notepad file?

Maldor

Quote from: MonstercatMedia on June 20, 2017, 05:31:11 PM
Quote from: kajacx on April 13, 2017, 06:35:51 AM

How do i save mine? i don't have that button so do i need to email you the notepad file?
Same here, I dont see the save as option anywhere in the program.
Huge fan BTW, been tracking its progress for a little bit

FOXX

How do i save mine? i don't have that button ....

If you start up the Editor you should find the Save As button on the Left Side of the Build Screen.
After Clicking that Button the new Ship is Accessible in the Editor under Add Ship and in the Ship List.
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

Maldor

Quote from: FOXX on July 19, 2017, 06:15:06 PM
How do i save mine? i don't have that button ....

If you start up the Editor you should find the Save As button on the Left Side of the Build Screen.
After Clicking that Button the new Ship is Accessible in the Editor under Add Ship and in the Ship List.

I didn't see it there (I glazed over it or something)... thanks for the help.

FOXX

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

TECHNO 1

I made a really big ship and its taking awhile to build so i decided to post this while i was waiting

Spoiler
the center module costs freaking 15k energy
[close]

Spoiler
by the way, if you're wondering here's more stats
- 7.9k seconds build time
- 1.2k hull size
[close]
I make CRPL because coding is my newest hobby

kajacx

Quote from: TECHNO 1 on July 21, 2017, 10:22:27 PM

Yea, the long build times are a problem. GoodMorning has a shipyard script that speeds up ship building, but it's a bit complicated to use at first (he may improved it since). I have made my own script that speeds up ship building, but that one pull the energy out of thin air, which could be viewed as "cheating".

I'll probably make a new thread with summary of all current options to quicky build large ships.

TECHNO 1

Quote from: kajacx on July 22, 2017, 08:03:06 AM
Quote from: TECHNO 1 on July 21, 2017, 10:22:27 PM

Yea, the long build times are a problem. GoodMorning has a shipyard script that speeds up ship building, but it's a bit complicated to use at first (he may improved it since). I have made my own script that speeds up ship building, but that one pull the energy out of thin air, which could be viewed as "cheating".

I'll probably make a new thread with summary of all current options to quicky build large ships.
I'm fine with cheating because right now im just testing, and maybe later i will want to build ships instantly so you have them at the start of a misson
but anyway thanks for info
I make CRPL because coding is my newest hobby