long chain + depletion question

Started by Aurzel, January 05, 2010, 03:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siccles

one does >.< its a pretty easy concept:

as far as I understand, on the start of every "second" the energy storage you have got are filled (even if you dont see it)
which are then sent out by odin city.

If you have an energy production of 32, but only a storage of 20 (odin city) then itll only fill up to 20, and the 12 will be wasted and not distributed.

If you build a single storage, you can store 40 energy, meaning that you can distribute the 32 max energy.

Karsten75

Quote from: SPIFFEN on January 06, 2010, 11:06:07 AM
There is an thread that is locked about storage makes city send more units ,
it sayd that 2 storage max this .

That's a TheBuilder thread. You want to ignore that, he rehashes other people's topics.

In this thread, Virgil has pointed out that Odin has internal storage for only 20 packets. Thus you have to build at least one more storage unit if you want Odin City to disperse 32 units. In an earlier map in this thread I showed that that was possible to get a fully-loaded dispersal if enough supply, storage and demand was available.

What is at issue is why the OP could not get that in his map. His map shows the packets being dispersed individually instead of in bursts.

Aurzel

what was in issue was why my depletion rate was 21 and not 32 but that's solved now

TheBuilder

Here i will risk my own rep, K75 U HAVE GONE TO D*** FAR ON THAT ONE!!!

Karsten, i do not rehash(wtf?) other people's topics, i mean ive looked up some of the stuff uve said and u arnt exactly originaly either, so EITHER SAY SOMETHIN RELATED TO TEH TOPIC OR SHUT UP!!!

and just to clarify, i made that topic after i tested how many storage u need to get teh full 32 packet production, so mind ur own business. One more thing, i locked it so that it could not be bothered with since there r already a couple of topics that talk about it.

Odin City can send a max of 32 packets per second, but it only stores 20 per second, so to get the max packet production per second just build one or more storage.

K75 one last thing, I may repeat wat other people have said but i try to do it in a way that is easier to understand, for everyone.
Not even death can stop the truly determined.

I told them, "I want to add to the world."
They said, "Then learn how to use the editor."
I asked, "What is the editor?"
They said, "Life."

Karsten75

Quote from: Aurzel on January 05, 2010, 07:35:47 PM
you'll see that its not just one reactor, its several dozen overlayed and my energy s 51.9

How do you overlay units?

I'm still not sure we have reached the bottom of this. If you have a dispersal rate of only 21, you should see a "burst" of 21 packets and a space before the next burst. Your original image, which only shows one reactor, btw, shows the packets travelling individually and not in bursts. That I cannot recreate. Now I'm wondering if it has something to do with what you term "overlay" of units?

Siccles

gotta agree with karsten on this one... if I may quote your thread as it is now:
"
Virgilw mentioned this to me, just make 2 storage buildings to get the max packet production, each adds 3 to max, teh max packet production without anything else is 21, so
21+1S=24
21+2S=32
"

not only is this wrong, but it was even more wrong before you edited it... and making a thread for it with information someone else provided was uncalled for

Karsten75

Quote from: TheBuilder on January 06, 2010, 11:34:27 AM
Here i will risk my own rep, K75 U HAVE GONE TO D*** FAR ON THAT ONE!!!
You don't have a reputation to risk. Your only reputation is of an illiterate, cursing spammer.

Karsten, i do not rehash(wtf?) other people's topics,

Yes, you do. After Virgil posted here about needing multiple storage units, you started a topic on that. After I posted the image of Odin city working at capacity to disperse packets, you posted a similar image in another topic. That's rehashing - Check the time stamps.

Added: And as pointed out, not only did you start the topic i linked above, but *after* that you started a topic in Suggestions (do you even know what the word means?) that is simply wrong (even after you edited it). And just in case you try to edit it again, here is a screenshot of it:

i mean ive looked up some of the stuff uve said and u arnt exactly originaly either, so EITHER SAY SOMETHIN RELATED TO TEH TOPIC OR SHUT UP!!!

Post examples please?

and just to clarify, i made that topic after i tested how many storage u need to get teh full 32 packet production, so mind ur own business.

Again, you made it after this topic was started and the discussion was in here.

One more thing, i locked it so that it could not be bothered with since there r already a couple of topics that talk about it.
So you are posting on a discussion board, but yo ulock your topics so that people can't reply (discuss) your topics?

Odin City can send a max of 32 packets per second, but it only stores 20 per second, so to get the max packet production per second just build one or more storage.
And then you say it over and over and over....

QuoteK75 one last thing, I may repeat wat other people have said but i try to do it in a way that is easier to understand, for everyone.

You think CAPS, swearwords, %^*%,  spelling, and grammar mistakes makes your posts more clear than posts that do not contain such stuff? What kind of "everyone" are you talking about? People who live in a ghetto? That's not everyone.

TheBuilder

K75, let me put it simply, im an Edited Out, ur an Edited Out, the only difference between the two of us is that u wont admit it and shut up already, unlike u i actually went into the game and checked out wat happens when u build 1, 2, 3, etc, storage units, so that i would know exactly how the game works,

Yes virgilw knows how its supposed to work, hes the one that coded it, but mistakes still happen, Ill leave it at that.

One last thing, next time u try to prove someones wrong about somethin, relize just how stupid it is waste so much space over somethin that ONLY U care about.

After this if i see u wastin any more space with ur stupid "i know better than u crap" ill report the crap out of u.

They said, "Life."

Siccles

The one that should be reported is you Builder.

If I may recount the rules you broke:

"1. No Flaming. This is not a hate forum."

"2. Do Not Spam."

"4. Respect Others. Everybody has feelings."

"5. No Offensive Text or Pictures."

Karsten75

Quote from: TheBuilder on January 06, 2010, 12:40:14 PM
K75, let me put it simply, im an dick, ur an dick, the only difference between the two of us is that u wont admit it and shut up already, unlike u i actually went into the game and checked out wat happens when u build 1, 2, 3, etc, storage units, so that i would know exactly how the game works,

Yes virgilw knows how its supposed to work, hes the one that coded it, but mistakes still happen, Ill leave it at that.

One last thing, next time u try to prove someones wrong about somethin, relize just how stupid it is waste so much space over somethin that ONLY U care about.

After this if i see u wastin any more space with ur stupid "i know better than u crap" ill report the crap out of u.
Quoted. Now you can't change it.

Let me say this. On the matter of who's what in whose opinion, I agree with you on 50% of that.

TheBuilder

Hey uuu siccles think about wat karston has been postin, dont ya think that might be a bit on the "I dont like u" side of things, besdies, i just want him to stop wastin time correcting other people's mistakes/misunderstandings.

U say im hatin on him, y dont u say he be hatin on me the, hmm, he didnt exactly try to be nice in his posts, now try and drop it guys, this topic has gotten sooooooooooooo far off track, im more woried about teh forums if u havent noticed, K75 just wants to prove me wrong and him right, there i said it nice and simple, NOW DROP IT.

They said, "Life."

Mrmcdeath

I am thinking of what you said and I agree with Siccles. I agree with Karsten. You have been spamming and hating on this forums and we are trying to fix it. But you seem to think that we are ruining it. Since of your more than one rule breaking I think that you will probably be banned.
Life Lesson #1
When life gives you lemons make lemonade.
Life Lesson #2
Unless life also gives you sugar and a cup, your lemonades gonna suck.

TheBuilder

its not u mrmcdeath, its karsten75, not siccles, that is wastin space

the only one i find to be screwin stuff up is karston74, i really wouldnt care if he didnt have to have a foot long post just to try and corret me, its pointless

They said, "Life."

Aurzel

ok that's enough no more flaming anyone

~LOCKED~

NoobSauce

Um, so.

What was the consensus?  You need a Storage to get the max of 32 packets onscreen?
I'm guessing that's a hard limit (as in, more reactors won't give you the ability to send 40 packets at once)?
BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.