Custom Map #535: Walnuts & Chestnuts. By: Sorrontis

Started by AutoPost, January 12, 2017, 11:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #535: Walnuts & Chestnuts

Author: Sorrontis
Size: 300x300

Desc:
Ignore the title, I'm just out of naming ideas for now. #NoPRPL Beware the center guns (they shoot single powerful bullets that'll rip through everything you got).

Sorrontis

Little hint:

Spoiler
I'm not sorry about this, but there's a fifth totem hidden.
[close]

Have fun!
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Sorrontis

Go Svartmes! First sub-1hr time. I'm not surprised, but I was hoping it was going to give you a challenge...

So, a walkthrough...
Spoiler
Do what Svartmes did.
[close]
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

D0m0nik

Quote from: Sorrontis on January 13, 2017, 08:51:11 AM
Go Svartmes! First sub-1hr time. I'm not surprised, but I was hoping it was going to give you a challenge...

So, a walkthrough...
Spoiler
Do what Svartmes did.
[close]

It is this kind of attitude that gets  you a rating of 1.33  ;) ;D

Can't wait to give this one a go, a low rating on one of your maps just makes me think it will be a good challenge!

Sorrontis

Quote from: D0m0nik on January 13, 2017, 02:21:06 PM

So, a walkthrough...
Spoiler
Do what Svartmes did.
[close]

Can't wait to give this one a go, a low rating on one of your maps just makes me think it will be a good challenge!

hahaha! I actually mean to put a walkthrough up later, just didn't have time, so I thought I'd be funny.

Oblivion

~Memes have been scientifrically proven to be the very essence of life unto itself~

svartmes

So, a walkthrough...
Spoiler
Do what Svartmes did.
[close]

Haha! It was pretty challenging actually. :) It can be done much quicker but believe it or not I hardly ever play for the purpose of getting a low time. I do try to figure out the best route and go from there. Anyway, great map, plenty of things to do and carefully thought out placement. If I were to criticize anything I'd say the fleet provided is too uniform for my liking, theres too many ships that does exactly the same thing and I never found any use for half of the fleet. I like the philosophy of the default fleet better as each ship fills a specific role.

Quote from: D0m0nik on January 13, 2017, 02:21:06 PM
Oh that reminds me that I should rate. I always did in CW3 but in PF I tend to forget because after a mission it kicks you out to the map selection screen, I wish it brought you to the specific map like in CW3 :(
Anyway, 8/10 from me!

Sorrontis

Quote from: svartmes on January 13, 2017, 07:17:56 PM
[...]

If I were to criticize anything I'd say the fleet provided is too uniform for my liking, theres too many ships that does exactly the same thing and I never found any use for half of the fleet. I like the philosophy of the default fleet better as each ship fills a specific role.

[...]

Very good point

ColonelSandersLite

Quote from: Oblivion on January 13, 2017, 06:14:40 PM
https://videogamena.me/

Name naming crisis solved!

Bonk's Tricycle - 2nd Impact
Erotic Crowbar Armageddon
Hillbilly Gnome Enforcer
:o

Sorrontis

D0m0nik

Bit easy this one, your going soft in your old age!

Spoiler
Once you take out the corners the guns in the middle cannot reload, I did not loose a single unit to them. It does however force you to complete the whole map which is cool
[close]

Sorrontis

ColonelSandersLite

Well, I set out to review this, but it was honestly too laggy for me to feel that I can give it a fair review.  I did have fun playing it through once, but I'm definitely not going to run it a second time.  My time on the first run was 50:47 and it took around 3-4 hours of real time.  I know I could shave at least 10 mins on a second run, but it's too much of a time commitment for me ATM.  I must admit that I think that the spoilery thing involving the things was kind of a dick move, but then I also suspect that if the map ran better on this system, I probably wouldn't have minded very much.

Aside:
Disney's Crossdressing Carnage

Sorrontis

Quote from: ColonelSandersLite on January 14, 2017, 02:05:23 PM
Well, I set out to review this, but it was honestly too laggy for me to feel that I can give it a fair review.  I did have fun playing it through once, but I'm definitely not going to run it a second time.  My time on the first run was 50:47 and it took around 3-4 hours of real time.  I know I could shave at least 10 mins on a second run, but it's too much of a time commitment for me ATM.  I must admit that I think that the spoilery thing involving the things was kind of a dick move, but then I also suspect that if the map ran better on this system, I probably wouldn't have minded very much.

Aside:
Disney's Crossdressing Carnage

Map was laggy for you? This map is locked at 2.5k particles... Oh, yeah, the particle burst do make a little lag, but that should be minimal.
Sorry about the dick move ;) I couldn't resist. More will be coming :)