Custom Map #8886: Beyond reach. By: Hypnotic22

Started by AutoPost, September 14, 2020, 04:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #8886: Beyond reach

Author: Hypnotic22
Size: 130x130

Desc:
To win you need 1 solid strategy A few tactical maneuvers and some well placed singularity ;)

marvinitfox

Ok, doable. I think.
But the lack of relays, and thus the inability to connect islands after conquer, makes late-game progress very tedious.
Guppies work, of course, but they do add a lot of clutter.

Johnny Haywire

The beginning is the best part of the map. It was a good test of building a quick defense. And even though the rest of the map was a bit slow-going, it wasn't bad. I only managed to save one bertha, but it was enough. The singularity is the main weapon in this map, I'd say.

I really enjoyed the map, and I don't know how you could've made it faster to finish without making it easier to defend.

Thanks for the map!  ;D

You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

marvinitfox

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on September 16, 2020, 01:27:10 AM
The beginning is the best part of the map.It was a good test of building a quick defense. And even though the rest of the map was a bit slow-going, it wasn't bad. I only managed to save one bertha, but it was enough. The singularity is the main weapon in this map, I'd say.

I really enjoyed the map, and I don't know how you could've made it faster to finish without making it easier to defend.

Thanks for the map!  ;D
^this.
I managed to save 3 Berthas. I *think* i could also have saved the 4th one that is more towards the middle between the islands, but that location is *so* much more handy for connector-relay power transmission, and it makes taking the West island much much easier.

But at the beginning, it is very much an exercise in optimal efficiency. If you tarry even 5 seconds too long you might lose an opportunity, and the ensuing delay would spell death. That tidal wave from the NW is advancing rapidly!

And don't forget to terp! The initial terrain sucks horribly and space is at a premium, but after some bulldozing there is enough space for the needed power farms + guppy clusters + production sites.

hypnotic22

As always thank you all i'm glad you enjoy it

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on September 16, 2020, 01:27:10 AM

I only managed to save one bertha

i did not believe that it would be possible to win whit only 1, well done gz gz.

Johnny Haywire

Thx. One bertha and about 100 mortars, lol.

Certainly wouldn't have been enough without a singularity. I was thankful to have it on this map.  :)
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?