Custom Map #8754: Flip-volcanos (test). By: TrickyCorp experimental levels

Started by AutoPost, August 11, 2020, 10:34:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #8754: Flip-volcanos (test)

Author: TrickyCorp experimental levels
Size: 127x85

Desc:
It took me very long to get the scripts right. There is a small issue that if you win the level by bombing the last volcano instead of nullifying it, it will keep triggering victories. I guess that's a victory farm then? I didn't intend for it though, and if the level gets removed for it I'll just remake it without the issue. #Experimental #Test

TrickyPlayer

I have so far only based my scripts on things found at the CRPL Wiki. This means I am pretty sure that as long as I am allowed to do this, others are allowed to copy my scripts. I don't have problems with people copying my scripts, it would be a compliment :)

For this level, I used my old flip-emitter and changed some values and added my old volcano script to it, one time for each 'side' of the flip-volcano.

I think I should have made the spores a bit more resistant though...
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P

Loren Pechtel

Bug?

I flipped 4 volcanoes, I couldn't flip the one in the SW so I nullified it.  That left the one in the SE which was being hit by PZ bertha fire and some encroachment of AC.  I didn't look carefully enough placing the nullifier, I only got the anti-air--my beams were still rapidly frying the spores but I got victory anyway.  I can't completely rule out the last volcano flipping at the instant I killed the anti-air, however.

TrickyPlayer

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on September 19, 2020, 12:34:42 AM
Bug?

I flipped 4 volcanoes, I couldn't flip the one in the SW so I nullified it.  That left the one in the SE which was being hit by PZ bertha fire and some encroachment of AC.  I didn't look carefully enough placing the nullifier, I only got the anti-air--my beams were still rapidly frying the spores but I got victory anyway.  I can't completely rule out the last volcano flipping at the instant I killed the anti-air, however.

My scripts are fairly simple so I am sure it's not a bug. Anti-air are also enemies by the way, so it might be that you didn't destroy all enemies before it, and that the anti-air was the last enemy structure? Another thing to note is that the victory checker flips at 0 while some volcanos flip at different values. By the way, the SE is one of the hardest to flip (needs a lot of AC).

Summary: No bug, just the way the scripts work.
When you want an explanation for something I use in my levels, or if you want to suggest something, feel free to tell me. Just don't ask/suggest things every other day please :P