Custom Map #1338: Poof

Started by AutoPost, August 09, 2012, 07:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1338: Poof

Author: clbuttic

Desc:

MisterX

Dbeam didn't release for me so spend 40 minutes on an uncompletable map.

If theres a mysterious trigger to unlock a piece of teck that you need to complete the map at least mention it in the description.

clbuttic

Hi, thanks for the comment, but there is no way to submit a map if it hasn't been completed at least once and a score submitted. To get to the dark beam:
Spoiler
The only digger is at the top right. You either need to have a path of no creeper to the dark beam dig site, or use a pair of rifts - digger packets will route through them. That very same is the one of two that has no path to any dig sites. That should be suggestive enough
[close]

That being said, this is my first map, and there are a few annoyances that I'm not entirely happy about, but I submitted it after changing my mind on a bunch if things. I'm trying to balance it better and changing the solution strategy subtley.

Thanks for playing it at least.

teknotiss

hey dude, thanks for making maps, i was too fast with the AC too, but i'll replay this one and see how i do. thanks for the map  ;)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

fitz

I had to eat mountains of high density anti-creeper so that I could get to the dark beam. I didn't realise you could use rifts.

I loved this map, the game play at the end was highly original.

don_bobio

Great Map - had to have two goes at it as i got a big trigger happy.
Second go - all good!

Mahdi

Great map, one of the best ever!

Thanks!

PurpleYouko

One of my favorite maps of all time.
I love the way we hve to use anti-creeper in the right places to stop the creeper digging packets till we are ready for them.

Awsome

clbuttic

Thanks all, I won't take the number of thumbs down personally, only comments.

teknotiss

Quote from: clbuttic on August 20, 2012, 02:58:37 AM
Thanks all, I won't take the number of thumbs down personally, only comments.
thumbs down is more a difficulty rating than a quality rating, so comments are more useful for opinions, shame more people don't join the forums.
(still haven't done this one yet, keep rage quitting!  ;) good work dude)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

orangina

i really enjoy this map. im still playing it. the one thing i dont like is the time is very slow. even on highest speed its a bit slow but im pecking along

CharlieMartini

Can you post a screenshot of how to release dark beam, the spoiler isn't quite thorough enough as I placed rifts by the two upper most right gateways but these areas are full of anti creeper now.