Custom Map: Nice Job 7: The Supervisor

Started by AutoPost, May 07, 2010, 12:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Nice Job 7: The Supervisor

Author: UpperKEES

Desc:
You have enough space to build, but you will need it all. A little planning ahead will make your job easier. Don't underestimate the amount of energy you'll need. Have fun and please leave a comment if you (dis)liked it!

UpperKEES

Title:
Nice Job 7: The Supervisor
Difficulty:
Hard
Creeper type:
Land only
Remarks:
You have enough space to build, but you will need it all. A little planning ahead will make your job easier. Don't underestimate the amount of energy you'll need. Have fun and please leave a comment if you (dis)liked it!
Description:
Today you are the supervisor of a swimming pool.

Besides a normal bath you facilitate a jacuzzi and a wild water slide.

It's your job to inspect all baths for safety. You may have to remove some water to accomplish your task. Warning: this job will cost you a lot of energy!

But first please help the little boy who lost his mother.

Are you ready for a dive into the deep?
Download page:
Nice Job 7: The Supervisor
Full size screen shot:
More maps:
Apply here for another job ;)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Vexsin

Keeping that pool on the left on lockdown was pretty tricky at first.

What I don't get is how I could have a collection of 25 energy, depletion of 15, and my deficit keeps climbing...

I also don't get how you did this in 16 min :P

UpperKEES

Quote from: Vexsin on May 07, 2010, 02:20:51 PM
Keeping that pool on the left on lockdown was pretty tricky at first.

Oh, you started with the pool on the left?

Spoiler
I save that one for the last minute, just before the jacuzzi, so I start with the wild water slide. This means I only use 2 upgrades.... I have thought about going for the left pool first, but I figured it would be a lot easier with mortars and/or drones.
[close]

What I don't get is how I could have a collection of 25 energy, depletion of 15, and my deficit keeps climbing...

Spoiler
This can happen if you don't build storage. You can only store 20 units of energy without it, so you can't deplete more than that. With at least one storage building you will be able to deplete up to 32 packets of energy per second.
[close]

I also don't get how you did this in 16 min :P

Well, don't forget that I played this map about 10 times completely during testing.

Spoiler
I fill up every available space before I engage the creeper and I start off differently as written above.
[close]

I have one more tip that I'm not giving away yet, but it has to do with the side that you enter the pool(s). ;)

Vexsin

Quote from: UpperKEES on May 08, 2010, 06:50:10 AM
This can happen if you don't build storage. You can only store 20 units of energy without it, so you can't deplete more than that. With at least one storage building you will be able to deplete up to 32 packets of energy per second.

Ahh that make's sense now.

kettlefalls

All I can say is WOW!   I thought I was pretty good at this game until I found this map.

Frustrating, invigorating, maddening, conquering!

Well planned, well built, a real challenge

Thanks

Azar

Playing right now. I want my mortars and drones :P

Azar

I am planning to storm the eastern bath with a battalion of 6 blasters! :P

First attemtp failed.

Second attempt: also deploy a blaster further in the pool.
YAY! Mortars are mine!

RichieRich

Hey Hey, another great map thanks.

Played it 4 times so far and think the time for me is about as good as I can get with the way I did it.

This was my way.

http://www.fastuploader.com/images/document1.jpg

UpperKEES

@ Vexsin: Your time is actually pretty good considering that you've never used more than 20 energy per sec.

@ kettlefalls: Thanks! :)

@ Azar: Yep, you have to be well prepared before you enter the pools. I always land with 4 blasters on the top right after the relay on the edge of the pool is finished.

@ RichieRich: Wow, 4 tries! Thanks for playing!

Spoiler
Your approach doesn't differ that much from mine, although you use a few more relays where I use collectors. I also build less storage and more reactors (I think it was up to 24 energy per sec) as the need for energy is continuous.
[close]

Quote from: UpperKEES on May 08, 2010, 06:50:10 AM
I have one more tip that I'm not giving away yet, but it has to do with the side that you enter the pool(s). ;)

Spoiler
The main difference is here I guess. I first complete building reactors at the bottom (and in the meanwhile I build to the survival pod to obtain the first upgrade). Then I move OC to the top part, as this is where I will enter all pools, which shortens my supply lines a lot. I build more reactors where OC was and then fill up the top part (building closer to OC saves time....)
[close]

NNR_Alex

wow it's sad it took me this long to give the map a shot, i thought my score was terrible till i saw some of the other times, lol, i'm glad i'm not the only one that had to take a while on this map.

snowmaker (JM)

Well, I definitely have improved in some aspects  :)

UpperKEES

I guess it's about time to get some #1 spots back. Christmas seems like a good moment to do that. :)