Useless Guppy Information

Started by Harkler, October 08, 2013, 11:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asmussen

Quote from: Cavemaniac on October 10, 2013, 04:46:02 PM
Sorry to go off topic - but are American's familiar with the work of Heath Robinson?

Well, I can't speak for all American's obviously, but I personally had never heard of him before your post.

Shawn Asmussen

miquelfire

koker93

If you have a front line a long way off from a CN having a guppie relay network helps.  Lurkily's map (dont remember the name and I'm at work) with the wind effect is a good example.  If you build out on the leftmost island and use guppies to move right you need a good amount of power on the front line.  As you progress right you cut the resupply delay a lot if you simply leave the guppies where they are and build new ones to supply the moving attack.  That way the guppies actually supplying the front line only have to hop one island and the rest of them in the rear can charge the landing pads long before the front line guppies come back.  Its not the most efficient use of resources because you are building a lot of guppies, but it really cuts down the number you need close to the front line because they never have to fly very far to recharge.