Custom Map #1432: Jeff the Blue. By: Chozabu

Started by AutoPost, September 03, 2019, 02:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1432: Jeff the Blue

Author: Chozabu
Size: 480x270

Desc:
Warning - hard map. Nearby blue particulate is attracted to your mouse - most useful at the start of the map. Some amp gem combinations are much more useful on this map. There are a few methods to complete this map, Rock burner can be very handy

chwooly

Way too much micromanagement needed to be a truly enjoyable map for me,

The particle following feature was not implemented well, the attraction spot was way too small and if you moved too fast you lost the particles making it more of a bother then anything else, If there had been a way to turn it off or the attraction spot was bigger or it held the particles when you moved the mouse at anything faster then glacially slow MAYBE it might have been more then a curiosity and less of a nuisance.  In it's current form it is just bothersome.

The map layout itself wasn't bad, I would have liked if there had been a few less particles at the start and the use of so many MK7's that only attacked your base ship meant that you were placing your base every 20 secs.

Overall Needs a lot of work to be on par with Foxx.

Cheers

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

FOXX

Hard indeed, but i liked the system very much.
And i'd say just a couple of tweaks.
We have talked about some ideas. Hope Chozabu makes more of these maps.

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS