Impossible Code Maps

Started by Mare, June 16, 2011, 05:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakenkorin

ťťťťťťťť Large/High

as if 2 surface emitters weren't bad enough, you get drones and a nasty building direction.
Oh and if due to some miracle you survive long enough, 45M emitter will break out into the open :)

Kithros

Quote from: Drakenkorin on July 15, 2011, 07:23:00 PM
ťťťťťťťť Large/High

as if 2 surface emitters weren't bad enough, you get drones and a nasty building direction.
Oh and if due to some miracle you survive long enough, 45M emitter will break out into the open :)

Not nearly as bad as it first looks - you have to remember that when the gravity is up, that also gives you a huge amount of time where you can pretty much completely ignore the creeper.

My start:
Spoiler
[close]

I was tempted to pick up the red and blue gems - but that would mean the creeper would become threatening a lot earlier. If they were on the other side of the map (ie. the side that didn't have the titan) I would've gone for it, but I decided against it because of the titan. I intentionally let 4 drones crash into the LS since there wasn't really anything to lose from it - I could've easily afforded to build more shields if I had needed to.

The creeper only got threatening about 4 minutes in, by then I have more than enough energy production to start building more weapons and such. Pretty straightforward fighting through to the titan from here.
Spoiler
[close]

Crimson King

844 Any Size/Medium or High

1 emitter and gateway open to the surface with 1 - 2 more emitters (including the titan on high) and another gateway with easy access to the surface. Limited (basically no) build space and cannot dig in.

CreeperAddict

Well, Impossible? I dunno, but It's beyond my skill

may ring way  Large High

(Edit: Creeper on left 53'920 k, one on the right is only a 9352 k)  

;D Good Luck

Spoiler
[close]

Kithros

Quote from: CreeperAddict on July 17, 2011, 02:28:17 PM

Well, Impossible? I dunno, but It's beyond my skill

may ring way  Large High

(Edit: Creeper on left 53'920 k, one on the right is only a 9352 k)  

;D Good Luck

Definitely possible, I simply massed shields and reactors and went straight to a dark beam - I had a conversion bomb ready in case I needed more time to build reactors (set off the conversion bombs and rebuild shields), but it turns out I didn't even need it.

Spoiler
[close]

Oh, and I know my reactor placement is very sloppy, but I knew  I would have more than enough space anyway so I didn't really care.

CreeperAddict

Spoiler
[close]

ha guess its not beyond my abilitys xD

CreeperAddict

ok Next one on my list is blue letter make  Large/High

Spoiler
[close]

hmm, no ground to build into- drones- 2 emitters one 15m, one 11m... and you got 1:20 before Phantoms

Flameo326

someone should try the "to red once" map i got a pretty good start but i forgot the phantoms someone else should be able to defeat them.

Well possibly
My mind is a giant flame engulfing everything and knowing everything.
Obey Its Commands

cclloyd9785

we paper two large/high

I just couldn't do it, but Im guessing someone could.  There a little patch of land that breaks after a bit releasing a bunch of 8/8 fast drones that screwed me massivly.

gorgan184

hope large high

i get the crystal setup blasters but cant get a foothold due to the phantoms and drones and two surface emitters

Katra

raindrop large/high I had managed to dig in and was slowly building reactors (was going to be marginal on powering a dark beam but I think I could have managed) when the second big batch of drones broke out...

Surface emitter and gateway, zero g, experimentals, and phantoms.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

CreeperAddict

Spoiler
[close]

>.< I had it but I made a grievous error in my wall...

and for drones just pause -activate gun -unpause for a split second to kill them then deactivate it -until you got the energy for running it,

Although i still had 2-3 minuets till they came, ...
  Re-did
Spoiler
[close]

I has a Dark Gun,,, +12 power I win i guess xD

Ebon Heart

I was gonna say... with that setup, you can survive indefinitely. It's just that expanding much more would be a pain... But then again, you can always bounce that beam around using mirrors.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

CreeperAddict

Quote from: Ebon_Heart on July 19, 2011, 12:54:18 AM
I was gonna say... with that setup, you can survive indefinitely. It's just that expanding much more would be a pain... But then again, you can always bounce that beam around using mirrors.

Who said i was in a hurry? heh heh

Spoiler
[close]

TonyP2000

Nu Gamma Chi large/high

Three surface emitters, no obtainable gems, no space to build. Nuff said...
Vote Tony!