Particle Fleet Steam Properties

Started by Ovalcircle, October 07, 2016, 10:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ovalcircle

Which version of Particle Fleet is the most updated: beta or ver 1.0?
[REDACTED]

"If you are good at something, never do it."

chwooly

Current version on Steam is 1.0, That is the version that was released to the public for purchase.

When a new version is released Virgil usually puts a post on here to announce it. There is a todo list that he is keeping up to date with fixes but has not released a new version to my knowledge.

Cheers
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

GoodMorning

The beta branch is for "not necessarily stable" features. So it is newer, and not yet fully released (or ready to be).
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Karsten75

Quote from: Ovalcircle on October 07, 2016, 10:04:46 PM
Which version of Particle Fleet is the most updated: beta or ver 1.0?

Currently there is no difference between the Beta and the non-beta (V1.0) streams.

Ovalcircle

[REDACTED]

"If you are good at something, never do it."

Karsten75

Ovalcircle, I was wrong. the Beta contains the 1.01 version of the game. My apologies.

http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=21824.0

knucracker

I've just made the default branch 1.0.1.  So as of this post default and beta are the same again and both are the latest version 1.0.1.

In the future, new versions will show up in beta first.  So 1.0.2 will go there first.  Only after I am happy with a build will the default branch become the latest version and match beta for a while.  Old version will get their own branch (for a while anyway).  So as of this post there is a 1.0 branch.