Impossible Code Maps

Started by Mare, June 16, 2011, 05:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord_Farin

Kithros, could you take a look at 9511? I strongly feel it is possible, but my skills are just a bit lacking to really hold my 'foothold'  :)
Behold, Nexus! Looketh skywards, for thy obliteration thence nighs, my foul enemy!

Kithros

I played it a bit differently than you did I think - I actually shielded up in the chamber and managed to grab both the green and white gems there. I'm sure there are other apporaches that can also work, but I just went with what seemed like it would be the fastest. After that I just built up reactors, massed shields (and 1 blaster to kill the drones) and set up the dark beam.

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

I was worried for a little bit I might have to redo it and be more space efficient with my reactors, but they generated enough anyway.

Lord_Farin

I would never have thought the white gem was actually accessible. With it I can now also complete the map. Thanks for the idea, and congrats on the execution  :)
I guess I will have to learn to not rule out anything beforehand again.

EDIT: Having played through some experimentals maps the last few days, I notice how quickly they get repetitive and boring. Therefore, I propose to cross out any map for which there has been posted a screenshot featuring a DB with 12+ energy production. (This will probably mean most maps reported beatable can be crossed out fast(er) and ensures pleasant (i.e., non-tedious) gameplay)

(Oh and I love (nested) parentheses  :D)
Behold, Nexus! Looketh skywards, for thy obliteration thence nighs, my foul enemy!

Fisherck

That's only as far as I go. Once you get 12 energy and a dark beam, any experimental map is beatable.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

cclloyd9785

ground window day
large/high

I thought it was beatable at first, but I couldnt do much again a good number of surface drones.

deathsandwich

Definitely not impossible:

Spoiler

I over prepared on this map, but if you are worried about the LS then you can dig into the ground and ignore the creeper. Go after the gateway to the left as quickly as you can (before the ground dissolves) because there is no creeper around it for quite a while.

The blasters at the bottom are enough to prevent the creeper from spreading up, even with the gravity, for quite a long time. Then it should be fairly quick if you dig a long way down before attacking the emitters.
[close]

cclloyd9785

put is fly large/high

I definetly feel its possible, but Im not good at these levels.

Kithros

Quote from: cclloyd9785 on August 10, 2011, 02:54:36 PM
put is fly large/high

Pretty simple, I just grabbed the gems, made a giant wall in the sky and built a dark beam.
Spoiler
[close]

TonyP2000

Quote from: Kithros on August 10, 2011, 03:08:49 PM
put is fly large/high

Pretty simple, I just grabbed the gems, made a giant wall in the sky and built a dark beam.
Spoiler
[close]

I tried doing what you showed in the picture, I just can't pull it off. What order did you build and dig and finally set up the dark beam?
Vote Tony!

Kithros

Quote from: TonyP2000 on August 10, 2011, 06:47:07 PM
Quote from: Kithros on August 10, 2011, 03:08:49 PM
put is fly large/high

Spoiler
[close]

I tried doing what you showed in the picture, I just can't pull it off. What order did you build and dig and finally set up the dark beam?

First I obviously started digging to the red and blue gems -  ideally you should aim for having a deficit on collecting the blue gem during the short time between sending the 6th packet to the red gem and actually collecting the red gem (but no deficit before then). As soon as you collect the red gem, you should start digging towards all the other gems and technytes, and I believe I built 10 reactors or so. Once you get the blue gem build shields as necessary (do not build the entire line of shields right away - you should only build the ones you  have to until you have spare energy). Try to aim for running out of crystal energy just before (within a second of) grabbing the next crystal (ideally) by spending them on reactors. As soon as you have the green gem you should have enough reactors running and crystal energy that you shouldn't really have a problem finishing the shield wall and grabbing the rest of the artifacts.

I started building the dark beam at around 1:10 which was way later than I needed to since I had about +17 energy by the time the dark beam finished and I only needed 12, I still had a full layer of shields + more room for another layer if needed so it didn't particularly matter.

cclloyd9785

See I tried getting a wall up too but I couldn't in time.  Even when collecting the crystals.

Phobos

° (you can type it by pressing ALT+2+4+8) large/high

How about this map? It seemed easy, because of two weak surface emitters. I tried to dig through center of the map and hide LS there. The problem is, when you do this, you'll open a way to the chamber with titan emitter and drones.
Is it solvable?

wlf

Just beat We Paper Two Large/High!  Took precision timing to fire up the dark beam before they broke through... Cross it off, next...

deathsandwich

Here are the maps that have been beaten with a score but have not been crossed off the list on page one:

Beam me up scotty! Large/High
Rho Rho Upsilon Large/High
day of fun X Large/High
popcorn Large/High
rain here jump Large/High
Heaven Large/High
456879872313201245879321031879854106 Small/High
844 Medium/High (NOT Large/High)
We Paper Two Large/High
nest can when Large/High

And those beaten by a dark beam shot with no posted time, or were "clearly" beaten:

little find snow Large/High (technically, I couldn't see a dark beam, but there was ~+25 energy...)
8727 Large/High
9511 Large/High

and...

little how ask Large/High
was reported impossible too!

I hope the above is correct and I did not miss anything that is on the old list, but since beaten. Please tell me if there are any mistakes!  :) I hope this helps, and well done to everyone so far!

mpete

July 23, 2011med/high beaten
NO space and 15 health drones soon.
but red and white gems.
sorry for any misspellings.
signed,mpete