Tutorial requests

Started by TrickyDragon, October 04, 2013, 03:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imposter

Quote from: Nephthys on October 06, 2013, 04:28:26 AM
Quote from: Cavemaniac on October 04, 2013, 09:18:23 PM
Putting a Guppy right next to the Beam can help (in general, not specific to this map).

Um... Guppy? I'm guessing this is a nickname for a weapon (or maybe not) but I don't know which one. Cannons?

I've seen the term used in a couple other comments & hopefully I'm not the only one who isn't sure what it means. I'm not afraid to ask stupid questions. They are the easiest ones to answer.  :)

The guppy is the flying ship that can transport packets. It's in the regular buildings tab (not weapons)

Nephthys

Hmm.. I guess I haven't gotten that far, yet. I'm taking it slow to savor each world.

Okay, okay, it takes me a long time to get through each one. lol

cecel123

i see these tutorials for farbor, but i always come so close only to fail. if someone is willing to post a detailed description on how to do it, that would be great. I would like to see the rest of the story ya know.
"Mom, why would I do drugs when I have video games?"

Amram

Quote from: Nephthys on October 06, 2013, 04:28:26 AMI'm not afraid to ask stupid questions.
That's good, since the only stupid questions are the questions that aren't asked.

Nephthys

Quote from: Amram on October 10, 2013, 01:00:27 AM
Quote from: Nephthys on October 06, 2013, 04:28:26 AMI'm not afraid to ask stupid questions.
That's good, since the only stupid questions are the questions that aren't asked.

Thank you for posting that Amram. I've been a little concerned that I was bombarding the boards with stupid questions. Your post made me feel better.

Cavemaniac

Quote from: cecel123 on October 10, 2013, 12:20:21 AM
i see these tutorials for farbor, but i always come so close only to fail. if someone is willing to post a detailed description on how to do it, that would be great. I would like to see the rest of the story ya know.

Don't forget to pause!

And you can complete the mission without a single sniper.

Are you totally failing, or quitting out when it looks hopeless?

Virgil actually doubled the time available when Beta testers struggled to complete it!
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Cavemaniac

Quote from: Imposter on October 06, 2013, 05:01:35 AM

The guppy is the flying ship that can transport packets. It's in the regular buildings tab (not weapons)

Guppies are awesome.

Wouldn't it be cool if they really existed?
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Imposter

Quote from: Amram on October 10, 2013, 01:00:27 AM

Idk, On this other forum I frequent, I've seen some pretty stupid questions asked, haha. So much so that I ended up making a troll tutorial...

Spoiler
The forum: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/9882309249#4
The video:

Though I suppose the main annoying thing about that poster was that he would bump and demand answers fast in a fairly slow moving forum. And he would make new posts about essentially the same thing, instead of posting it in the same thread... x.x annoying haha
[close]

Amram

To be fair, that sounds more like a user abusing the forums and not learning from the questions asked than simply asking stupid questions. That user was looking to be spoon fed, which is entirely different from a user that actually progresses and can connect the unspoken dots on their own.  Such are the people you instruct to use the Alt-f4 hotkey to make their browser work better.  Hint for fellow CWers, don't do it, lol.

Ask anything once or twice and there's no issue. ask the same couple things a dozen times over and im more inclined to go with stupid user than stupid questions. After all, some one else might read some of the answers given and not have to ask as a result.

cecel123

Beat Farbor at 45% through the second phase! its possible. just got to be aggressive with the building. the more you know!
"Mom, why would I do drugs when I have video games?"

koker93

How I beat Farbor.  I dont have the best time, but I beat it in stage 1.

Spoiler
Build out the top left island, including nullifying the emitter.
Build a reactor on the emitter, you'll need lots of energy.
build a few shields and deactivate them so they charge all the way up.  At the same time (as energy permits) build around 10 blasters and a half dozen guppies.
Stage 1 is probably at 50-60% at this point buy you are ok.
move all of the blasters onto the center island next to the upper left landing zone with the shields (that you activated) strategically placed too.
when everything is halfway there get the guppies on their way so they land a little after everything else. 

If you time it right you will have an established beachhead and can nullify the top left ore processing plant.  That cuts the enemies speed down to 75%.  So go after another!  50%

While this is happening I also destroyed the PZ reactor and build a bertha there instead and started clearing out the top right emitter.  I managed to kill the ore plant at around 90%
[close]