Map Editor suggestions

Started by florrat, August 21, 2011, 07:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grabarz

Quote from: Lord_Farin on August 24, 2011, 04:55:23 PM
Quote from: Ranakastrasz on August 24, 2011, 03:51:03 PM
Quote from: Ebon Heart on August 24, 2011, 03:43:46 PM
Exactly, I focus on the plot heavily in my maps (mores now than before, even) and I can't rely on the player grabbing. Holocube at the exact moment I want them to. So for timed messages, you can comment on things such as, "oh my go, a big blob of creeper just spawned over our heads!" lol.

With conditional messages, I imagine you could actually then determine what strategy is actually used, and make comments depending on it.
When conditional messages are not beyond your desire, why not load Virgil up with a request for a (simple) CW2 custom scripting language doing all these things?! Although awesome, the sheer imagined difficulty of this does withdraw me from actually requesting this...
I would at least like to know if Virgil would add this in the next update, because that's what is keeping me away from uploading my maps, that have their own short story, and just beg for having timed messages to let player know when is what going to happen.

Grauniad

A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Ranakastrasz

Quote from: Grauniad on August 24, 2011, 06:31:47 PM
Don't hold your breath....
*Ranakastrasz's face turns creeper blue*

thepenguin

We have become the creeper...

Ebon Heart

I'm waiting on timed/conditional messages to upload the rest of my first encounters series. Number 4 is done, and number 5 has a decent start on it. :( I may also hold out till Dbit submits a custom map, depends on how evil I'm feeling. ;)
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Ebon Heart

hmm, I was making a basic website today and had an idea. In my map editor guide, I mentioned that field boxes are kind of like divs in HTML. I wonder if it would be possible to define a position for a field to move based on a point in another field. Just a thought, IE.
Move: Field ID="test [3,4] in 45" delay 60

See picture, the point marked in the top field is where the ball would move to.  Just a thought.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Grabarz

While making one of my maps, after having like 999 fields it was a pain to keep going through all of them to find the ones you need.
Any possibility of sorting fields by their ID? It would make things a lot easier.

MadMag

Or.. Shift click on it to select it. Why don't make it like Photoshop :p

Grabarz

And what if I have couple of fields in same place?

MadMag

Ctrl + Shift + Click to go thru layers.. (like Quark?)

TonyP2000

I personally would like to be able to have time limits. That way if you do not complete a certain objective before the time runs out, you automatically lose.
Vote Tony!

thepenguin

Quote from: TonyP2000 on August 27, 2011, 06:35:45 PM
I personally would like to be able to have time limits. That way if you do not complete a certain objective before the time runs out, you automatically lose.

and, if there is a time limit, have the timer count down, instead of up

Kithros

Those can be mimiced fairly easily in most cases by using capsules and fields or decaying terrain etc.

thepenguin

Quote from: Kithros on August 27, 2011, 06:53:36 PM
Those can be mimiced fairly easily in most cases by using capsules and fields or decaying terrain etc.

I should work on a count-down timer for CW