Launcher Atom Bomb

Started by cclloyd9785, July 15, 2011, 12:07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cclloyd9785

I suggest an atom bomb mode for the launcher.

It would work by having the ammo full, and it uses all the ammo storage, and cant launch again until its full.  It would penetrade 10x more than a normal missile, and damage it a little bit, to balance out the power.

Another suggestion that I wasnt going to make another topic for was a repair bot.  You have to place it directly next to units, and it uses a lot of power depending how how many/how much it is reparing,  and can repair them even as they get hurt.  with 15 health it would be able to take quite a hit. 

A downside would be they cannot heal, cannot repair themselves or other fixit bots, and if what its repairing dies it dies too.

Would be a good use for shields that die too quickly.

Final suggestion is when you hover over the doorways, it only shows the phantom count.  Why not show the drone count/strength too?

mthw2vc

Launchers are already nukes*... Besides that, it would dramatically increase the amount of creeper they can eliminate in a given length of time with a given amount of energy and make such tasks as approaching titan emitters without experimentals or room 7 in cubic trivial.

Allotting enough space for your shields and weapons and planning ahead is important. Another unit for this is uncalled for. An upgrade might be nice, but I do not see all that much of a reason for having it as an upgrade since most scenarios where this would actually matter are very early on, when you aren't likely to have technytes to spare in the first place.

There isn't enough space in the interface to display drone data, especially as more complex drone schedules come into use when the editor is released.

*Assuming they were developed from mortars... I can't actually find any text in game stating that launchers were nukes, but mortars in CW1 were... Killing creeper is a lot tougher than you might at first think... There is good reason it wiped out nearly all of humanity in the 14th millennium.

CobraKill

I don't want to rain on your parade but, I'm pretty sure there will be no new weapons/units. Altogh I did hear somewhere some one from beta said there would be... ;)
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

thepenguin

Quote from: mthw2vc on July 15, 2011, 12:17:04 AM
Launchers are already nukes*... Besides that, it would dramatically increase the amount of creeper they can eliminate in a given length of time with a given amount of energy and make such tasks as approaching titan emitters without experimentals or room 7 in cubic trivial.

Allotting enough space for your shields and weapons and planning ahead is important. Another unit for this is uncalled for. An upgrade might be nice, but I do not see all that much of a reason for having it as an upgrade since most scenarios where this would actually matter are very early on, when you aren't likely to have technytes to spare in the first place.

There isn't enough space in the interface to display drone data, especially as more complex drone schedules come into use when the editor is released.

*Assuming they were developed from mortars... I can't actually find any text in game stating that launchers were nukes, but mortars in CW1 were... Killing creeper is a lot tougher than you might at first think... There is good reason it wiped out nearly all of humanity in the 14th millennium.

if the term "warhead" is enough to say they're nuculear, go ahead
We have become the creeper...

Lord_Farin

Quote from: thepenguin on July 15, 2011, 07:46:01 AM
This seems not true. I can't really imagine the well-established usage of 'nuclear warhead' is actually a pleonasm. Further, as probably Creeper is not extremely intolerant to radiation damage, it might be better to use hydrogen bombs in any case ;)
Behold, Nexus! Looketh skywards, for thy obliteration thence nighs, my foul enemy!

cclloyd9785

Or we could skip the real weapons, cause my other idea for it was an anticreeper bomb instead.

UpperKEES

You mean like the Conversion Bomb?
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

CobraKill

Quote from: UpperKEES on July 15, 2011, 05:48:52 PM
You mean like the Conversion Bomb?

I think he ment the Launcher.

mthw2vc

Quote from: Lord_Farin on July 15, 2011, 05:00:53 PM
This seems not true. I can't really imagine the well-established usage of 'nuclear warhead' is actually a pleonasm. Further, as probably Creeper is not extremely intolerant to radiation damage, it might be better to use hydrogen bombs in any case ;)
That is precisely what mortars from CW1 are...

CobraKill

Quote from: mthw2vc on July 15, 2011, 07:57:34 PM
Quote from: Lord_Farin on July 15, 2011, 05:00:53 PM
That is precisely what mortars from CW1 are...

Actullay its not even Nuculear, the mortars. If you look it's a "Confined Fractal Charge Launcher"

EDIT: In CW2 it just says the Launcher is a "Meduim-Range Explosive Warhead." I am assuming that it is the the same opertion as a Mortar: Confined Fractal Charge. Apparently V didn't get as descrpitive with the weapons as CW1. :P

Bacteriophage

Look in the help section on units, in cw1.  It says "confined fusion projectiles".

CobraKill

Underneath it it says, "confined fractal charge launcher"

midnite111

yes as they said: it already says FUSION projectiles.  Which is much more powerful than a nuclear fission blast AKA:nukes. other than that I'm all for it. On a similar note that brings up the question of how big are the units exactly in comparison to the planet? Like on the earth map one mortar took up several counties worth of space! "city sized mortars anyone?" :-\  your mind=blown

Ebon Heart

Quote from: midnite111 on July 24, 2011, 03:01:56 AM
yes as they said: it already says FUSION projectiles.  Which is much more powerful than a nuclear fission blast AKA:nukes. other than that I'm all for it. On a similar note that brings up the question of how big are the units exactly in comparison to the planet? Like on the earth map one mortar took up several counties worth of space! "city sized mortars anyone?" :-\  your mind=blown
Country sized mortars, in the future, a few grey packets can create them. A few red packets can destroy anyone who makes you mad or looks at you funny.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Jay the Juggernaut

1) A warhead is different from a nuclear warhead. The warhead is the explosive part. It either involves radiation or it doesn't.

2) Confined (more explosive power (air pressure+further launch)) fractal (fragments) charge (explosive) launcher (mortar)

Although, the idea of a bomb that the mortar or launcher fires when full is interesting...maybe a choice option?So not every time it fills
I'll mostly be lurking as a guest, not much into posting anymore. :P