iPad / Android Tablet version

Started by Xamaca, July 09, 2011, 06:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xamaca

Maybe you're already doing this, and it's just a random thought since i'm not yet an owner of either, but since both Creepers are made in Flash + AIR anyway, maybe it would be cool to publish versions for Android and iPhone? It's pretty easy to export to those devices.

I'm not sure about the runtime performance, it wont be as fast as native, but might be fast enough. It might open up a nice extra revenue stream for a relatively low amount of work.

Kamron3

CW2 is a flash game and can't work on an iPad, as for the Android, I unno.

knucracker

I can in theory create native apps with thie latest adobe tools.  And, apple actually allows this now.  I plan to get to this in about a month. I am very concerned about performance, though.  But I hope it works since guess what...  I'm typing this response on an iPad right now.

Kamron3

Quote from: virgilw on July 09, 2011, 11:03:14 AM
I can in theory create native apps with thie latest adobe tools.  And, apple actually allows this now.  I plan to get to this in about a month. I am very concerned about performance, though.  But I hope it works since guess what...  I'm typing this response on an iPad right now.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if the main.swf would cause problems or not, because I knew that Apple was allowing (for the most part) Adobe AIR applications, but not flash applications.

TonyP2000

I always thought about playing this game on my iPad, it would be pretty cool.
Plus, having these games in the app store would be fantastic for sales, especially if you can get top of the charts.
Vote Tony!

Ebon Heart

Quote from: TonyP2000 on July 09, 2011, 06:05:14 PM
I always thought about playing this game on my iPad, it would be pretty cool.
Plus, having these games in the app store would be fantastic for sales, especially if you can get top of the charts.
IF he can get to the top of the charts? It's creeper world, he's gonna get to the top of the charts :P i'll make sure of it...
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

TonyP2000

Of course a simple rating, comment, and purchase from the many current fans of this game would help too.
Vote Tony!

Ebon Heart

And bugging all your friends to purchase the app. lol.

CobraKill

Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

thepenguin

We have become the creeper...

Michionlion

"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

CobraKill

Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

Ebon Heart

Quote from: CobraKill on July 11, 2011, 09:53:28 PM
Quote from: thepenguin on July 11, 2011, 04:03:36 PM
Quote from: Wolf Shadow on July 11, 2011, 03:51:32 PM
Quote from: Ebon_Heart on July 11, 2011, 12:01:21 PM
And bugging all your friends to purchase the app. lol.

Indeed ;)

me no has tablet :(

Not even an iPod? :(
I have an ipod, but not an ipad... and I don't believe there will be a creeper world app for the ipod any time soon. The screen is just too small, and ipods don't support flash.

pixlepix

Many I pod apps, such as safari, have a pinch-to-zoom. Wouldn't be that good, but will still be great.
I had a dream that I was playing CW2. It was fun. But, I lost :(

Lord_Farin

Quote from: CobraKill on July 11, 2011, 09:53:28 PM
Not even an iPod? :(
As were ones life futile without Apple (or Crapple, as some may say). I (for now successfully) reject Apple because of their user- and privacy-unfriendly business model. Open source is the way to go.
Behold, Nexus! Looketh skywards, for thy obliteration thence nighs, my foul enemy!