Repulors to relocated Greeper

Started by Ranakastrasz, May 27, 2011, 09:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krell

What's the point? Pipes are worthless if you can just teleport your anti-creeper somewhere else.

CobraKill

Quote from: Krell on June 03, 2011, 05:52:02 PM
What's the point? Pipes are worthless if you can just teleport your anti-creeper somewhere else.

Well my point is if we can get virgil to have the vacuum just store and only that maker can use it again. Then there would still be a need for pipes.
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

Jeff

gorgan184

perhaps the makers could have 3 functions

1. maker: what it is now turns ore into greeper then either stores or emits it
2. sponge: pulls greeper inside and stores it
3. pump: pushes greeper through pipe

its function would be controlled by two things its location and 2 options in its menu  make y,n  and store y,n

perhaps you could make a "greeper" tab which has makers, ore refineries, and Pipes.

you could make it so when you have a maker selected and move it onto a pipe opening it automatically starts pumping its greeper into it

the pipes option menu could be an 8 way selector wheel you click the ways you want it to be open

all greeper inside the pipe moves away from the maker or if the pipe is sealed it evens out

CobraKill

This actullu really good. I wish Virgil would listen.

UpperKEES

Quote from: The Commander on June 11, 2011, 06:24:32 PM
I wish Virgil would listen.

If there's one developer who listens to the players of his games it's Virgil. He reads and considers everything written at the forums, but doesn't always reply, because that would mean the game will never be finished.

Bear in mind that the game needs to stay balanced, so many options have to be weighed. In addition to that the game shouldn't become too complex.

In my opinion repulsors already can create rather good pipes, especially when surrounded by terrain/shields. Furthermore anti-Creeper isn't that powerful, which means you shouldn't spend tons of energy for its infrastructure when you play the game well. And finally -as you've probably read in the topic about vacuming/bursting- you will soon see some nice functionality that will make you forget about pipes and sponges in an instant. ;)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Ebon Heart

Quote from: UpperKEES on June 11, 2011, 10:25:36 PM

If there's one developer who listens to the players of his games it's Virgil. He reads and considers everything written at the forums, but doesn't always reply, because that would mean the game will never be finished.

Bear in mind that the game needs to stay balanced, so many options have to be weighed. In addition to that the game shouldn't become too complex.

In my opinion repulsors already can create rather good pipes, especially when surrounded by terrain/shields. Furthermore anti-Creeper isn't that powerful, which means you shouldn't spend tons of energy for its infrastructure when you play the game well. And finally -as you've probably read in the topic about vacuming/bursting- you will soon see some nice functionality that will make you forget about pipes and sponges in an instant. ;)
You're certainly right about virgil listening to the members. And AC may not be all that powerful, but it's really fun! lol
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

CobraKill

Quote from: UpperKEES on June 11, 2011, 10:25:36 PM

In my opinion repulsors already can create rather good pipes, especially when surrounded by terrain/shields. Furthermore anti-Creeper isn't that powerful, which means you shouldn't spend tons of energy for its
infrastructure when you play the game well. And finally -as you've probably read in the topic about vacuming/bursting- you will soon see some nice functionality that will make you forget about pipes and
sponges in an instant. ;)

Yeah you probably right

[/quote]

thepenguin

I've currently created several recirculating pumps with greeper and repulsors
We have become the creeper...