Custom Map #1491: should not be alive

Started by AutoPost, September 30, 2012, 10:01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

yum-forum

It is not dangerous as it seems. You can control direction of Phantoms by location of LS, send it to the left side of map and leaving space for building reactors. Each series of Phantom attack consist of strong (in terms of payout), middle and then very weak portion of Phantom. And very important to build reactors for getting enough energy. Unfortunately, it is not easy map as You can see from map name, but really possible to win and enjoy.  Enjoyable to lead the stream of dangerous, but slow and stupid phantoms... :)
Good luck!
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

Chawe800

I just personally found this map to be simple and bland. I don't want to appear like I'm yelling at you but I just found this map to be low quality. You start out trapped in with phantoms fired at your face. You eventually run back to the safer left zone and start building reactors. Then you set up a lot of phantoms coils, get rid of the creeper, and nullify the gateways. I don't think this map is reviewed negatively because it's too hard or people can't complete it. I just found it to be low quality. (BTW I really enjoy your other maps I'm just trying to help you understand why you are receiving thumbs downs.)
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true." -James Branch Cabell

yum-forum

Thank You for comments! I can agree with You if it will be big number of finished game and many downvotes.
But, as I realized, players downvote map without trying to find way how to win. It is my mistake. I thought that
conduct a string of phantoms is funny. In my opinion it is more interesting rather than moving and moving for a long
time hundreds of blasters and lanchers...  But, the player is always right! :)
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

Shimizu

I didn't find this difficult per se, just lacks the appeal I think of your other maps.  Once you move your LS it just becomes business as usual, there's no further involvement or thinking required
Meow?

dwb

If you build your reactors during a phantom wave, they take them out.  If you wait for the one minute between phantom waves, not enough time to build enough reactors and coils.  I suppose the person who says it's boring and bland can gloat.  I'm still stumped.  But that's what I like about yum's maps.  (I'm currently working my way through every one of them.  I'm sticking with CW2, not a fan of CW3.)

dwb

I could not win using phantom coils.  But I did win using blasters.

Laela