Custom Map #1073: Jenga (Puzzle Map)

Started by AutoPost, May 05, 2012, 01:43:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1073: Jenga (Puzzle Map)

Author: Arcady

Desc:

darkniko

i don't understand the 3rd puzzle in the map after 2 hours of trying to figure out the 3rd one i still can't solve it :S

Arcady

Are you referring to this particular area?

darkniko

yup but nvm ,, don't worry answering me cause if i don't understand the 4th ( next one ) i'm going to keep posting and posting .. just nvm :D

unless you do some sort of walkthrough :D jaja

Epsilon

Quote from: Arcady on May 05, 2012, 06:52:45 AM

I'm having a problem with this area as well.

Spoiler
I'm not exactly an advanced player, but it seems like this should be one of those "polarity flip" things - I take a maker down there, release AC onto the 2147M spot, it goes red, hits the 2147M regular creeper, flips -that-, and lets you get through.

The problem is that when I release the AC, the spot goes to... -2147M good creeper. If you can't reproduce it, let me know and I'll snag a screenshot (or even a save) for you.

... that said, it's entirely possible I'm on the wrong track, in which case I wouldn't mind help. :P

Edit: On a whim, I decided to charge with AC and burst it rather than just producing the AC. Flipped it exactly as expected.  ???
[close]

darkniko

thnx for not putting a walkthrough of the map i managed to get to the last puzzle. Still stucked.

BTW first map of creeper world 2 thats makes me spend more than 1 hour :D

lid73

Great map.  Very creative. Can't figure out how someone did it in 6 minutes. 

Kithros

The room with the 10000K creeper puddle could have probably been explained better - there was no way I could know what to do until I looked at it in the editor since the field viewer wasn't activated. Also on the last puzzle there's a way to cheat:
Spoiler
You can use microrifts with the old gateway to completely skip that puzzle
[close]

North Korean

Quote from: Epsilon on May 06, 2012, 03:51:57 AM
Quote from: Arcady on May 05, 2012, 06:52:45 AM

I'm having a problem with this area as well.

Spoiler
I'm not exactly an advanced player, but it seems like this should be one of those "polarity flip" things - I take a maker down there, release AC onto the 2147M spot, it goes red, hits the 2147M regular creeper, flips -that-, and lets you get through.

The problem is that when I release the AC, the spot goes to... -2147M good creeper. If you can't reproduce it, let me know and I'll snag a screenshot (or even a save) for you.

... that said, it's entirely possible I'm on the wrong track, in which case I wouldn't mind help. :P

Edit: On a whim, I decided to charge with AC and burst it rather than just producing the AC. Flipped it exactly as expected.  ???
[close]

I can't get past to that chamber 3. After the creeper turns into green, nothing happens. Any more hint on that?

mpete

The anticreeper is green, dig the ground past it.
sorry for any misspellings.
signed,mpete

Helper

I can't even get to first base with this one.
The packets can't get through the AC.
I've tried using Shields all the way down to the Drone Gateways, but the last block always fills up with AC.

Anyone up for giving a hint?

florrat

Quote from: Helper on July 23, 2012, 04:25:20 PM
I can't even get to first base with this one.
The packets can't get through the AC.
I've tried using Shields all the way down to the Drone Gateways, but the last block always fills up with AC.

Anyone up for giving a hint?

Hint: you need to be fast.

I also have a question: how can you get rid of the 10M creeper mass which is on the third floor (counted from below). This took me a long time waiting it to evaporate to the AC one level higher...

BTW: I liked the map!

Helper

"Fast" worked thanks - but I think "Puzzle" maps are something I need to avoid.
My "so-called" mind just doesn't seem to be attuned to this kind of stuff.

GamaLight