Custom Map #1063: Execution

Started by AutoPost, April 30, 2012, 03:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1063: Execution

Author: JmfR

Desc:
The World Cordinates given to You places Your ship in an execution chamber. The creeper readings are off the scale. Your ship is damaged! Good news resources are abundant. Get the resources needed to fix Your ship before Your over ran.

teknotiss

good map. but i didn't need to kill any creeper, was this intentional?
7/10 cos it was a nice design might replay and see how long it takes to kill the creeper and collect all the stuff.
make moer maps! :D
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

JmfR

Yes the idea was to get out before the creeper gets to You, I was wanting the player to need to fend off the creeper while they finished digging but in the editor You are unable to see the creeper grow so I decided to post it as an easy version I will update it to make it the way its intended now that I know how the creeper reacts.

teknotiss

just a note about the editor. you can set both fields and creeper running in the editor.
down the bottom there are two set of buttons "creeper simulator" and "field simulator".
the save and load are for the creeper only and the reset is for fields only. if you run the field sim you need to reset before you can edit any fields.
there are some great guides to fields etc on the custom map discussion forum
have fun editing. ;)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

JmfR

Except Emitters unless I missed something

mpete

Or terain decay and dig packets
sorry for any misspellings.
signed,mpete

teknotiss

Quote from: JmfR on May 07, 2012, 09:47:43 PM
Except Emitters unless I missed something

well i just put in some creeper under the emitter position or in the field to test the fields and remove it afterwards, but testing larger maps can be tricky to get timings right.
especially if you are adding in other complications like decayable terrain or dig packets.
looking forward to trying your next map